What's new

Race Performance Ltd / Race.Fi introduction

R

Race.Fi

Hi there neighbor!

Yep, you can check www.race.fi/en/index.php For an english version of our site. In case you end up on a page that is in finnish, you can change the language from the top right corner.

In case you have questions or something you wish to know more about, we monitor our email 8 hours per day, and usually take a peek in the evening to handle urgent matters right away. Please note that when shipping to outside the EU, you are eligible to purchase tax-free, so deduct 23% from our price. On the contra, you might have to pay the customs duties & a vat percentage in Russia. We try to pack so that the product wont get charged for duties, but still it is my responsibility to let you know that such duties might be charged when the packages arrive.

In case you sometimes visit Finland, you are of course welcome to pick up stuff and transport with your own car. I hope this gets you going. Like i said, please contact us in case you need some more information or help =)

R

Race.Fi

Sorry my reply took a while, our indepence day was last monday so we had a long weekend.

We have one blueboy left in stock, as we do not import the isotta products anymore, due to some difficulties in supply. I could only find this picture quickly: http://www.isotta.com/eng/prodotti.php?idparent=504&picture=514&over=504&overdown=514
Dimensions are listed in our webshop: http://www.race.fi/en/product/21732-Isotta+vaimennin+Blueboy.html
The page seems to be missing a translation for the dimensions, but they are, in order: in, out, total length.

-Willem

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hi willem, i recieved the short shifter. many thanks. before i try and fit it, could you show me with a picture where you believe the rattling to come from, and where you suggest to fit a rubber o ring? many thanks again :)

R

Race.Fi

Hi Dean!

here are a few pictures of the shifter, might be easier to explain with those:
http://race.1g.fi/kuvat/Tuotteita+ja+laatikoita/Race.Fi/

(see bigger pictures in the link)

On the right is the top plate, and second from right is the upper half of the ball bearing. The problem i anticipated was that ball bearing would not be tight enough thus allowing rattles.
The O-Ring trick would be to squeeze a rubber o-ring on top or below the ball, resulting in a tighter overall assembly. This is not confirmed nor is it ruled out yet.
The upper ball half also has two sides, one with a smaller ball cut and the other end having a bigger cut. This is because the same shifter also fits the skyline box. The height of the total ball assembly (from top plate to bottom) varies between the boxes, so that is why the upper half of the ball bearing has two different depths.

I hope this clarified things a bit. Have a nice weekend everyone!

PS. We just got a bunch of control arms and other suspensions stuff. The prices shouldnt be that bad either. You can check them at: Nissan Suspension parts
Whiteline usually takes a few days to a few weeks, depending on where you are located.
All the Race.Fi items for the Nissan are in stock.
Race.Fi / Willem

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
hi willem, right i have attempted to fit the shifter and don't see how it's going to work.... the plastic cup at the bottom of the shifter where it fits the selector is way too small, plus i don't know which order to assemble them in. can you help? thanks

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
any news willem? tried a few things now, just will not work on the s15 mate. are these designed to fit another car? if so can you let me know and i'll sell it on. thanks.

R

Race.Fi

Hi Dean!

Here is a small picture series (C) Nicely on the forums. http://www.jull.net/s15-tech-guides/fitting-a-cs-short-shifter

Now, i didnt fit these first-hand, so i'm just remembering this off my head:
1st you put in the metal spacer ring.
2nd the wave washer (original)
3rd the original lower hald of the bearing
4th the new upper half
5th the silver top plate & bolt it down with the circular mounts

By the plastic cup do you mean the ~1cm diameter "bush" at the tip of the stick? (just asking so we talk about the same part).
So the one that comes with the shifter is too small? Did you you try the original on there too? I didnt fit this first hand + the kit uses some original parts like the C's version so this is just my wild quess. I some cars need a small bush and some need the bigger. It's the same thing on some Skylines: gtr's use a bigger bush which you can steal from the original. This is a pretty multipurpose shifter. It fits s13's, s14's, Skylines, and iirc also an S12 and Z31. If you try the original bush, please take care on not braking it as that can make things nasty if you dont have a replacement.

If all else fails, i will naturally refund you because that is only fair to do.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
hi willem, yep i used nicely's guide - i stripped the shifter to nothing and tried rebuilding it with the new shifter kit and the original parts but the main problems were the amount of play in the ball/pivot and the bottom plastic cup. i tried to remove the original to ry that, but it wont come off and i didn't want to break it.

R

Race.Fi

Hi Dean,

Ah, i see.
Was the pivot play up&down play, or sideways play? Up/Down is the play i referred to with a rubber o-ring in addition to the spacer.

The plastic cup is a bit more difficult though. I cant really make you break the original part since i havent taken one off my self - i just know what other customers have done or said they've done. Ill try to look into this a bit more.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yes mate the play was up and down - about 4mm, the plastic cup is about half the size of the guide where the shifter sits, also it seems the ball on the base of the standard shifter is bigger than the aftermarket one, so the standard cup wouldn't fit anyway.....
cheers.

R

Race.Fi

Hi Matty, Everyone!

How are you guys? It's been a little quiet on the shifter side, it seems that making a fitting one is quite hard without a model at hand over here - otherwise we'll be going through a hundred trial and error cycles, so yes, this is halted until we figure out more, sorry.

-Willem