What's new

Race Performance Ltd / Race.Fi introduction

R

Race.Fi

Paid and packed up at the factory or on the airport. We ended up taking quite a hefty amount of all sorts of silicone couplers, bends etc. on the sames shipment so the order got bigger and bigger. I dont know if ~125 meters of silicone bends is a lot or not, but it sure takes a while to get those stuffed into a few boxes =)
No worries tough, ill get them tested in a little quicker so they should be available during may =)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
has the move gone well? any news on the shifters? :)

R

Race.Fi

Hi Dean!

The move goes pretty well. Theres quite some work to be done over there, like doing a thorough facelift with new waterproofing for the toilet etc. As soon as we get the toilet fitted the office work will be moved in to the new premesis.

The shifters left to Finland yesterday by air. Air freights have risen to insane rates due to the volcano (which causes a rush hour on freight -> prices rise to reduce the rush). They are coming by air, so they should be here this/next week. I'll take a proper photoshoot when they arrive, and maybe Nicely likes to drop by to take a look too.

PS. We are working on an album software on the website, ill make a folder for the work on the warehouse too so you can see we are doing more than just surfing facebook during work :D
-Willem

R

Race.Fi

Hi everyone!

We got a set of the shifters, and there is both good and bad news. The shifters do rattle, and that is due to the spherical bearing not being tightened enough. As you know, the new shifter is kind of dropped inside the original shifter housing and is then tightened up. We have yet to test this with a few rubber O-rings which could effectively reduce the play and make it a good kit. The rings cost like 0,2 to 1€, so as soon as we figure out what the best solution is we will also add those parts to all the kits.

The good news is that the shifter we got will also fit Skylines which have a big demand on shifters and none or very little offer.

Here is a picture which probably tells more than a ton of words:

There square plate tightens the alloy and polyurethane bushings into place, but fails to tighten them engoug/stay tigt.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
as soon as the kit is ready as a package to buy - i want one :nod: so are you going to just put a few rings in with the kit and we can add as many as are needed to take up the slack in the movement?

well done race-fi :thumbs:

R

Race.Fi

as soon as the kit is ready as a package to buy - i want one :nod: so are you going to just put a few rings in with the kit and we can add as many as are needed to take up the slack in the movement?

well done race-fi :thumbs:
Hi Dean!

Well we could throw in a bunch of rings, but i'd rather figure out what the problem is and cure it once and for all instead of sending out 100 shifters and hoping that the stuff we send out is even halfway decent.
Warranty in Finland is expensive, but warranty abroad is even more expensive when things get sent back'n'forth due to a problem we could have cured with some of our own r&d :D

This shifter issue sure seems to take some time, i must admit that. I hope we get them sorted and going soon.

-Willem

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i understand what you are doing and think its great you want to be 100% happy with the product before selling it. i look forward to it :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Fairplay mate - it's great to see a seller that wants to get things right first time :thumbs:

Look forward to puchasing a set myself when it's all ready and I'll probs be buying the Skyline RB box version as I'll be upgrading my gearbox with this item soon!!

R

Race.Fi

Hi Guys 'n Girls! Sorry to keep you waiting, i was kept waiting for quite some time too. As i dont want to keep this matter dragging for ever - at least longer than it has already - i must now conclude that the shifters might rattle just like any other shifter - read on to know why.

I've been asking kindly, nicely and politely - with little results. We did fit a few shifters: the first one ended up rattling, but the suggestions i made for improving it are still waiting to be done -> i dont know if a rubber O-ring and some locktite will cure this or not. The second one fitted ok, but as we have around 20cm of snow over here in Finland, testing is ... suprise... postproned to next spring. So to conclude this, i am exhausted on getting things tested out since nothing seems to really get tested properly. I am not going to buy an S15 to try this out, as we would need to sell a few thousand of these to cover that :rotfl:

We still have a few shifters left, 2 to 4 i'd say off my head ('im at home now). The regular price for any shifter, Bmw to Nissan, is 49€. I am willing to part with the ones in stock at 30€ as regular bulk shifters (meaning that they might rattle). I would like to ask that a fair review will be put on this topic. Rattling shouldn't be a problem in track & drifting cars, so they might be ideal for testing.

However: The good news is that we did manage to cut the costs a bit. Shipping for less than 2kg packages is now ca. 10€ in Europe. This should be a decent price for the shipping of a shifter, ~4gauges, water pump, pads, a small amount of silicones & clamps or other small items.
So a shifter totals at 40€, which is around £34 shipped including vat. This is not an exact quote, as shipping varies a few quid depending on where it goes, it should give you an idea of the rate though.

An other thing you guys might be interested in are our facilities. There are around 150 pictures in Our gallery from our warehouse & office. There are both before, and after pictures so dont judge us by looking at the first one - the warehouse was a bit shaggy when i bought it, i purposely picked one that has a good structure but needs some cosmetic work.
The outside still needs painting and restoration, that will be a good few months of work next summer.

About the shifters: There are a few people in my inbox and pm who have sent an email saying that they are interested, in case these guys are still interested they will naturally have a priority which is only fair i think. Ill try to be quick in updating the first post when the 30€ batch is gone.

I will restock these on our next order in a small quantity and then they retail at 49€ like the other shifters. Shouldn't be a crazy price as long as everyone knows that they might rattle.

Race.fi, Willem

R

Race.Fi

Ill put you on the list Dean =)

also: jimmy_bob, if you read this, your pm quota is exceeded. Other Pm'ers were just sent a pm about the shifter.

-Willem

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If it rattles like the C's one does then it's really not that bigger issue. Mine only does it rarely when running down from very high revs.. At that price you couldn't complain anyway!

R

Race.Fi

Hi everyone!

Ok, i checked that there are two shifters on the shelf, and i am going get around 20 more on our resupply. The resupply will be ordered before christmas and should arrive on the first or second week of January.

Still going to wait a few days to allow for some time to reply to the pm's. Have a nice day Everyone!

Race.Fi / Willem