What's new

S15 owners club insurance scheme with chris knott insurance

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
S15 OC INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 50bhp.

It starts for ages 30 and over, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey tim good to see you on here too , i got a quote off you on the type R forum for my other car very competitive i must say.Will be sure to get a quote off you when mine insurance is up

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Hi!
Let's hope this is as successful for S15oc users as it is on the Type R forum!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
do you take on cars that have had proffesionally fitted engine conversions?

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have rung us for a quote.

We have just calculated the figures for 2009 and they show that the average recorded saving we made for our new customers last year was 12.5% off their BEST quote so it's certainly worth a call!

We consistently average over 80% renewal retention as well (December was 84%!) so people are happy at renewal as well!

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 until 1/3/10 then 01424 200477.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i will be calling in april for a quote ;) my circumstances have changed (this now being a second car) and my s15 is now used much less/weekends etc and stored in a garage so hopefully things are looking good for a fair quote :)

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Please note that we have moved to modern premises in Hastings, East Sussex, specifically designed around the current and future needs of the business and considering the fact that we have taken on quite a few more staff.
The new postal details for Chris Knott Insurance will be:
Chris Knott Insurance
5th Floor
Cavendish House
Breeds Place
Hastings
East Sussex
TN34 3AA

Our quote line number won’t change – you can still call us FREE on 0800 917 2274 for your no-obligation quote – remember to quote your unique club/forum code (mobiles can call 01424 200477).

As well as new premises, we have recently invested heavily in technology that will reduce the amount of paper we use and store. The overall aim of these improvements is to enhance operations and therefore offer members an even better service.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance is due in April and realise the benefit of this scheme!

It's a free phone call - 0800 917 2274! (Mobiles can ring 01424 200477)

Please don't forget to state the club name & reference number found in my signature below.

Let me know how you go on!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
dammit, sorry - adrian flux knocked 160-00 off last years premium for better cover and with everyone talking about a 15% increase to premiums across the board i took the offer on the phone there and then. sorry - i'll try you next year......

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Hi

Although on average nearly 1 in every 2 people who get a quote from us take out a policy, the number of people who ring us is quite low compared to the amount of registered users.

I realise that there are certain age and postcode limitations as stated in my original post in this thread (which are there to protect the scheme for the majority due to the high claims loss ratio's within these categories) but I would encourage you to give us a call if your car (or home, breakdown) insurance is due.

Our reputation hopefully precedes us based on the amount of grateful comments received.

Please ring free on 0800 917 2274 (mobiles can ring 01424 200477) and just state the club reference number found in my signature below, or in my original post.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Just a reminder considering we're entering the holiday season!

Remarkably, when we launched this on the forums a few months ago, it trebled the business so please feel free to get an instant online quote for single trip or annual, European or Worldwide....

Just click on http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/travel and hit any of the QUOTE NOW boxes then use the dropdown boxes to tailor your quote.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
We want to make your day!!!

If your car insurance renewal is due in the next 21 days, please feel free to ring us on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles.

(Don't forget we also do breakdown cover, travel and home insurance!)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Funnily enough mine is! hopefully when I call, you guys will beat my renewal price :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Just called for a quote to be told that you have to be 25+ to insure a S15 with modifications. Maybe in a couple of years then :p

M

m4rk181983

im 26 and 5 ncb, in a good post code and they couldnt even quote me!!!!!!

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Subject: Coming Soon… a FREE online magazine for Car Club members

We wanted to produce an online magazine for car club members like you so we asked a number of clubs and forums what sort of things we should include. The response was positive and we received some good ideas, so the magazine is being put together at the moment.

The first edition will be out later this month and has a quick round-up of current motoring news, car club news and profiles, insurance tips, offers and a competition to win some car cleaning kit.

If you’d like a mention for yourself or your club/forum in a future edition, please submit articles, club news, a club profile, pictures of your car if you’ve done something impressive with it or it has an interesting history, event dates, etc. – basically, anything you’d like to shout about in the car club arena. It’s a good opportunity to promote your club to a potential audience of hundreds of thousands of people for FREE.

Please send items to magazine@chrisknott.co.uk

And of course if your car insurance is due, please ring us now for a quote – 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477.