What's new

S15 owners club insurance scheme with chris knott insurance

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Hi
There has been a lot of talk about people being charged for putting winter tyres on their cars.

Can I just say to save any uncertainty we will not charge for anyone doing this though you do have to notify us if you add them?

May I also wish you all a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score

LATEST NEWS

Hi
Just to let you know that the scheme now allows modified vehicles with an increase of up to 50bhp.

Best wishes

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Win 12 months UK Breakdown Cover courtesy of Chris Knott Insurance

Hi

Just a quickie to let you know that we, as the club’s insurance partner, are running a competition for registered users.

All you have to do is read our online interactive magazine and answer 3 simple questions to be in with a chance of winning 12 months comprehensive UK Breakdown Cover details of which can be found here - http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/docs/ChrisKnottBreakdown.pdf

Click the link and good luck - http://issues.pageturninteractive.com/CoverStory/three/?ptie=pm@chrisknott.co.uk

The draw will take place on 31st March 2011.

Please feel free to ring us for a quote if your car insurance is due – 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477. Just quote the reference in my signature.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
After a strange few months of changing criteria and shifting patterns in the insurance market, January for us, in terms of business, surpassed January 2010 (before all these changes took place) showing that the current scheme seems to be working rather well!
I like to think it’s because I’ve put my photo as my avatar but the rest of the team think that has had a detrimental effect. They may have a point!
So, please feel free to ring us if your car (or home) insurance is due in the next few weeks!

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Hi
My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!
The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Hi

Whilst the insurance market seems to have hardened over the last 12 months or so, we have always worked hard on our customer service and it’s nice to see comments on the forums of people being satisfied with our efforts. We endeavour to assist customers to our utmost and trust this is a major reason why people renew with us year after year.

Bearing this in mind, please feel free to contact us for a quotation on your car (and home!) insurance when they are due. We would be more than happy to quote for you.

C

cad

Hi Tim,
Quick piece of advice - I did have two years no claims bonus ... just over two years ago. However the fleet policy at the place I worked allowed me to add my car onto their policy and be named on it ect for a lot less than I could insure personally so I did that for the past two years. Its coming up to the time to re-insure so i'm looking at getting personal quotes as well. Now my NCB of two years has now expired I believe (2 years old) does your company take into account company car no claims ect? Or offer any further advice on this?

Dan

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Hi Dan
Yes, if you got proof of your NCB and a letter from your company to say you have claim-free driving then we can refer that to the insurers.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to magazine@chrisknott.co.uk with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
This month in particular has seen a great response from forum members to our flexible pricing strategy. It's so successful that we're signing up around 38% of all quotes offered - that's better than one in every 3 quotes (almost 4 in 10).

I also just wanted to remind you that there are only a couple more weeks left until we close our Prize Draw for an iPad Mini. All you need to do to enter is ask us to quote for your car insurance before 31st May.

Please give us a try if your insurance is due soon - others are saving £££s and there's the chance to WIN an iPad Mini. But that's not all we have to offer...

If there were 4 comments that best sum up the benefits of our service, it's these, received in recent weeks:

"Mine's all sorted signed and sealed with CK. Very quick and easy and most importantly, an efficient/professional service. Compared to the original renewal from Churchill, CK were over £300 cheaper. Compared to the cheapest quote from the usual sites, CK were around £50-£100 cheaper." Akash - VWAudi Forum

"Many thanks for all your help - it makes the whole process much less of a chore dealing with a friendly, helpful & professional human being rather than a faceless website! Also I appreciate the fact that Chris Knott advertise a 'proper' number so that it doesn't cost a fortune calling from a mobile. I will definitely be recommending Chris Knott to anyone who asks." D Birtles, Recommended by a friend

"Chris Knott have just given me an absolute steal of a price. I can't tell you or you'd not take this post seriously! I only left them as they had a funny uncompetitive year but they are back and I am very happy to be with them instead of some random internet only cowboys." ofnpanad, AlfaOwner.com

"Well, I've just taken out my S-Max insurance with Chris Knott, and I have to say that Rebecca did a fabulous job of finding me a great quote, recognised my lack of computer skills and talked me through everything. How nice it is to talk with someone who is professional and patient. For the first time, speaking with insurance companies today, I actually felt that I was being valued as a customer. Any problems or concerns and I only have to call back, and chances are I can speak to the same person again. Well done Chris Knott Insurance for restoring my faith in customer service." Fezzer, SMax Owners Club

You should call Chris Knott Insurance for a car quote and to benefit from a better level of service. Find out how much you could save and, if calling before 31st May, get free entry into our iPad Mini draw. Hurry - not long left for the draw!!

We'll be running another great competition via our Facebook page soon - so please LIKE the Chris Knott Facebook page. In addition, there'll be a draw for a year's FREE UK Breakdown Cover once we reach 500 LIKES. Don't miss out!

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Please remember to include Chris Knott in the mix when searching for a car insurance quote.

For good drivers, we can often beat your best alternative quote when we know what it is - dis-regarding what the system says we should be quoting. That's because our insurer partners trust us and allow us to quote what we need to to get them good quality business.

This year so far we're signing up even more forum members than last year so we must be doing something right!

"Ian insured with Chris Knott a couple of weeks ago and reported the best deal he's ever had, thanks guys" said Alfanutz admin, Zender156.

Call Chris Knotts and we'll find you the best deal based on your individual needs. Alternatively, you can complete brief details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote and we'll call you back.

High for the industry, 78% of Chris Knott's clients are renewing this year too, which means we are pretty consistent in our pricing - not looking to change the rate if the risk is the same as last year.

It's true there have been a few comments regarding the length of time it takes for us to answer calls. But we're pleased to say that we've listened to feedback and have now made it easier for you to get through to the quoting team. They were previously handling other types of enquiry but we're now fielding those enquiries to a separate, dedicated team. You should notice a great improvement.

Pick up the phone today if you're due in the next few weeks and see how much Chris Knott can save you.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
UPDATE: Relaxation in CHRIS KNOTT age and experience criteria

There's really good news for any of the members we've previously had to turn down due to driver age - we've kept on the case with insurers and have been able to negotiate a relaxation of the age & experience criteria for the club scheme.

These are the changes from the old requirements where we had them on certain models:

OLD RULES - 25+ with 12 months' experience of the car or one of similar performance.
NEW RULES - 25+ with 6 months' experience.

OLD RULES - 25+ with 24 months' experience or 30+ if only 12 months' experience.
NEW RULES - 25+ with 12 months' experience.

OLD RULES - 30+ with 12 months' experience.
NEW RULES - 28+ with 12 months' experience.

There's still some way to go but it's good that we at least have these concessions.

Remember to include us in the mix when looking around for quotes. We're still signing up 40% of quotes offered - there won't be many in the industry that can say that.

To find out how much you could save with Chris Knott please call FREE on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles) and quote this forum's unique code.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
UPDATE: CAR INSURANCE WISH LIST

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

To make sure we're not just feeding our competitors ideas, please PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
UPDATE: Current CK offers

CAR INSURANCE
In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a car insurance quote between now and 28/02/14.

In addition, if you already have one vehicle insured with us, we'll give you an extra discount of £20 when you ask us to quote for another car in your household.

Just a couple of testimonials:

"Chris Knott Insurance - Thanks for the cheapest car insurance quote of my life so far." Sylivian, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"Recently moved my Z3 insurance over to CKI. I found them really helpful and as a bonus, I saved nearly (two thirds) on my premium." Neil Robinson, Facebook

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

HOME INSURANCE
A new offer from Chris Knott means that you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate.

All you have to do is ask us for a quote on your home insurance before 28/02/14.

If you have a vehicle insured with us at the time of the quote we'll give you an extra £20 OFF the best quote we can find for you. If you have 2 or more vehicles with us, we'll increase the discount to £50. That's a discount on top of any other savings we can achieve for you!

Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
UPDATE: PRIZE DRAWS CLOSE SOON

Hi,

I just wanted to remind you that there's not much time left for you to benefit from our current Prize Draws and discounts.

CAR INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
In return for getting a quote from Chris Knott Car Insurance we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14.

HOME INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
Ask Chris Knott Home Insurance for a quote and you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14. Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER - take out cover before 31/03/14
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

OUR OTHER OFFERS CONTINUE
Our multi-buy and loyalty rewards continue indefinitely - that's £20 OFF any extra cars you bring to us and upto £50 OFF your home insurance. These offers are on top of any other draws we might offer from time to time.

If your car or home insurance is due this month, please include us in the mix when you get your quotes. Not only do we offer great rates to car club/forum members but you'll be entered into the above competitions.

0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

This feedback posted just today on one of the forums: "Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here - for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you and hopefully I'll get my NCB bonus back so that my premium is even lower!" Wardy, Briskoda.net

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
UPDATE: CHRIS KNOTT insurance scheme beats many others

Hi,
We've had some great testimonials in the last few weeks that support our money-saving ability. I was amazed when our Motor Manager said we've almost beaten our February target after just 2 weeks of the month! The Chris Knott scheme is growing in popularity amongst car club/forum members.

TESTIMONIALS:
"Had a quote at the weekend which was over £30 cheaper than the best quote from elsewhere, another happy customer." lazybones51, Clubcento

"Big thanks to Kim at CKI for saving me nearly £500 on my Car Insurance. Still Fully Comp but with less excess." Ghost, C-Max Owners Club

"Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here and also Paul from Chris Knott for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris Knott to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you." Wardy, Briskoda.net

"I can highly recommend these folks, the quotes blew away my renewals by miles. Got a steal on the breakdown cover too. Cheers." duemila, AlfaOwner.com

"Went ahead with my insurance today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim). Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

NOT JUST GREAT PRICES
Of course price is VERY important but with Chris Knott you also get the following benefits thrown in that perhaps not everyone offers.

For a start, regardless of whether or not you ask us for a quote, we're here on the forum to interact and answer your insurance-related questions. Some providers only come on when they have something to broadcast.

We don't operate hard sell tactics. Instead we encourage staff to offer you top-quality personal service, sound advice and all the ongoing support you need throughout your time with us.

We tell them that your needs come first and they're to work hard on your behalf to find the policy that is most suitable for your requirements - even if it means we'll earn less. We want to treat you fairly – the same way we’d expect to be treated ourselves.

So to summarise:

• Competitive quotes
• Personal contact
• Sound and impartial advice
• Your needs put first - fair treatment
• All the ongoing support you need
• Claims process backup
• Loyalty rewards/Multi-buy discounts
• Highly-trained insurance experts
• 30 years' experience of looking after car club/forum members

If you'd like a quote under our special car club scheme please call Chris Knotts on 0800 917 2274 and quote your club's unique code. Not only should you save money but you'll also receive the extra Chris Knott benefits.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
***CHRIS KNOTT Silverstone VIP Tour for Two WINNER***

Thanks to everyone who entered our prize draw by getting a quote between 1st Nov 2013 and 28th Feb 2014.

We're really pleased to announce the winner of our prize draw as sicskate (aka Ben Hobbs) from FiatForum (and other forums). We hope he has a great day and look forward to seeing some pics!

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
Thank You from Chris Knott Insurance

Hi, we'd like to thank the members of the car club/forum community for their support of our special car insurance scheme. So far this year we've been amazed at the increase in members using our service to find the best deal - each month we've beaten our growth targets by a significant amount and that's down to you.

On a slightly different note, we do try to monitor the forums and keep up to date with any insurance questions out there but if we've missed any please feel free to flag them up again by PM and we'll make sure you get a response.

Thanks again for your custom and don't forget to try us this year when your renewal falls due. We won't be able to help everyone but we'll do all we can for as many of you as we can.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

FEEDBACK...

"Thanks a lot guys for saving me money on Car Insurance...!!! Both cars insured and over £400.00 saved in total..." Happy Matty. Slotty, Briskoda.net

"Went ahead with my Insurance renewal today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim) Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

"Chris Knott have just halved my insurance! Result I say. Same cover as before and everything covered fully comp." Yorkshire007, Vectra-c.com

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Reaction score
REMINDER: Chris Knott discounted Car Insurance scheme

Chris Knott has launched a couple of online products for members in the last month (Breakdown and GAP) and I've been posting on here about them. So I thought it would be good to now go back and remind you of our core offering which is, of course, our special car insurance scheme.

As car club members you generally look after your cars better than the average driver. So the insurers on our panel allow us to be a bit more flexible in our pricing and respond to your best alternative quote rather than the rigid computer calculation to win the business.

The result is that you ultimately get a lower quote than you would otherwise.

And, as we're signing up 44% of all club enquiries on average, this clearly works to everyone's benefit.

MAIN CHRIS KNOTT PRODUCTS available to members:

* Car Insurance / Multi-car Insurance (extra discounts for more than one car) - phone for a quote
* Breakdown Cover - by phone or quote and buy online
* GAP Insurance - by phone or quote and buy online

OTHER USEFUL PRODUCTS FROM CHRIS KNOTT if you need them:

* Home Insurance - extra £20 OFF our best home quote if you have 1 car with us / extra £50 OFF our best home quote if you have 2+ cars with us.
* Commercial Vehicle and Fleet Insurance
* Business Insurance

CHRIS KNOTT QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 - Please mention this forum to receive the full benefit (or call 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles).

FEEDBACK FROM CAR ENTHUSIASTS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS...

"Just had a nice chat with Tabitha getting a quote for this year, after being with main stream insurers up until now. As I'm looking at some modifications I wanted a flexible policy and CKI came up trumps. What a brilliant deal, massively cheaper than anyone else, but with more cover. Couldn't be happier!" Dunk Veloce, Alfa Romeo OC

"This year got quoted £840 from admiral and then £480 for Chris Knott. Guess who I chose." JackW, Civinfo.com

"Well what can I say? The guys at Chris Knott are epic. Had my renewal quote from my previous provider. Started calling the insurance companies on here. Most of them only beat the renewal quote by a few £££. Called Chris Knott insurance and they smashed the price! Very happy with the price nearly £200 off the renewal quote. Big thanks Chris Knott and a huge thanks to Kim and Rebecca." klashinikov, Type R Owners forum.

"Just made changes to my policy and declared the new modifications, couldn't be any easier or helpful. Happy to be with Chris Knotts, couldn't recommend them enough. Thanks again!" Danny Piercy, Facebook