Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Meddy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddy
    Just thought I should post in here to let folks know about my experience with Jez mapping my car which happened on Saturday.

I know Im going to sound like Im an echo of Nicely, but really I cant recommend him enough. The car is running much better than previously when mapped by one of the Norths supposed expert garages. Im well chuffed

All this and it was his first attempt at mapping a power FC. So Ming and co, he's only down the road for you, so go and get your cars sorted.
    I know no names are mentioned here about where you had your mapping done up North. I don't agree with trying to down grade them a little as "supposed expert garages", you were really happy with it when you first got it mapped. ---> http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=230

Since then you've had new injectors fitted and with the boost tweaked when Jez re-mapped the car (I assume he did this), the cars response will definitely have changed. If you took your car to APT to get mapped and it felt quicker than Jez's, does that mean Jez's mapping is now crap and he was a supposed guru of tuning and APT are now the best? You wouldn't normally go and get it re-mapped unless you've changed something anyway and this will affect the response and if it happens to be re-mapped by someone else, your bound to say they are the best as the car feels much better, but not thinking maybe because what ever you've modded has much more of an impact than the mapping. No two mappers map the same, some are more conservative, others are not. Just my little rant to finish off the week! .
    Glad to see your still ranting in my absence.

I didnt mention names for mainly that reason mate, I was simply bigging up Jez a little after he sorted me out. Maybe my choice of words was a little poor, but you know fine well I always open my gob and engage brain later.

I know I was happy after I first had the car done. To be honest on boost I dont think thinks have changed much other than the tweak in boost making it pull harder, but off boost the car drives much more happily than previously which I cant imagine having much to do with the extra mods, but as you know Im no expert .

Liked
    Good day mr Jez.

Could I suggest making a chip for the S15 like on the S14 and S13s?
    i ready chip for certain kinds of mods.

With these mods I feel that there's nothing but I remap next.

pod filter
    turbo-back exhaust
    FMIC
    walbro
    boost controller (0,8Bar)

There's a few people on here with similar specs and I'm pretty sure that lots more will have similar specs soon.
    i think more engine mods after these above would just result in the car running poor unless getting a remap for it.

What do you think
    Would be great to enlighten the ECU that the injectors actually are 480s and not 440s too.
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

Liked
    It something I could consider. The standard S15 map is not at all suitable for a boost increase - it goes really lean in the mid range.
    I'd need someone in the UK with those mods to come over for testing really.

On the injector front - if the S14a injectors are 370 then the S15 are 444. I can tell by looking at the injector scaling variable in the ECUs
    However, during testing, both injectors will flow a different amount as theres loads of different ways of carrying out the tests. But the S15 injectors will flow 444/370=1.2 times as much as the S14 injectors.

Liked
    I'm saying nowt

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    I'm saying nowt
    LOL

Liked
    can u map power fc aswell?

Liked
    Yes
    Heres a bit on my background: http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=223508
    And my web site is here: www.h-dev.co.uk

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    It something I could consider. The standard S15 map is not at all suitable for a boost increase - it goes really lean in the mid range.
    I'd need someone in the UK with those mods to come over for testing really.

On the injector front - if the S14a injectors are 370 then the S15 are 444. I can tell by looking at the injector scaling variable in the ECUs
    However, during testing, both injectors will flow a different amount as theres loads of different ways of carrying out the tests. But the S15 injectors will flow 444/370=1.2 times as much as the S14 injectors.
    Great

I think Kimi mentioned that she will visit you again after fitting the EBC and FMIC
    Only difference to my specs are that I have a turbo-elbow. But that shouldn't cause to much greef... I think
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

Liked
    I would love to have you map my car Jez as i hear nothing but good stories, distance is my problem I have a very similar spec to Yakozans and others, i also have an E-manage & z32 afm that i havent fitted, but a good base map would be good, then tweaks for the afm i could have done up here

Are you going to JAE

Hank S15 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper
    I would love to have you map my car Jez as i hear nothing but good stories, distance is my problem
    Same problem here! For S13/S14 we in Holland almost only use the H-Dev chips... super quality!
    Maybe possible to make an appointment in the near future when I have all the mods on it that I want