Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked
    I think the problem is that out of the few S15s there are over here (compared to S14s), nearly every one has a different setup. Just takes one mod difference to put a map out...

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    I think the problem is that out of the few S15s there are over here (compared to S14s), nearly every one has a different setup. Just takes one mod difference to put a map out...
    Thats true.

Maybe he could do a new map for a stock S15. It should be better to have as a base when modding compared the stock JDM map.
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

Liked
    When i contacted Jez a while back, he told me as long as your spec was the same as, say stage 3 for the S14, he was 99% sure it would work for the S15.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsham Developments
    The stage 3 ECU upgrade is designed to optimise the fuelling and ignition for an S14 with the following modifications:

* Free flow air filter
    * Free flow exhaust
    * Uprated fuel pump
    * 17-20psi / 1.2-1.4 bar boost pressure
    * Front mount intercooler
    * Nismo 555cc injectors (Nismo injectors are essential - other brands will not work correctly)
    * Z32 AFM
    * GT28RS turbo

The ECU upgrade removes the fuel cut and 250km/h (155mph) speed limit. It smoothes out power delivery and should improve fuel economy when cruising.

The peak power measured here was 319.7bhp and a 337ft/lb of torque. Obviously results will vary depending on engine condition, rolling road, air temperature and so on.

S14a stage 3 ECU upgrade - ?290.68 - includes UK shipping and Paypal fee
    International shipping, additional fee - please add to all non-UK orders - ?2.60 - includes Paypal fee

Upgrade fitting - ?36.40 - includes return ECU shipping and Paypal fee
    So you would need 555's (que Nicely) a Z32 AFM and up your boost. then it would work

Liked
    It should work fine - but I've not tried it.
    If anyone wants to give it a go I'd be up for it - obvisouly I'd give a full refund if it doesn't work

I'd be more than happy to come out to Sweden for mapping, assuming you pay for my time and costs

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    It should work fine - but I've not tried it.
    If anyone wants to give it a go I'd be up for it - obvisouly I'd give a full refund if it doesn't work

I'd be more than happy to come out to Sweden for mapping, assuming you pay for my time and costs
    Thats seems like a good option.
    Altough I have very little money at the time

But instead of shelling out big bucks on an aftermarket ECU which also needs to be tuned I might aswell go for a chip.

The best thing if you was to come over, is to have a few cars ready for you
    What cars can you do except the 200sx and Silvia? Skyline? Supra? EVO? Subaru?

I don't think I'll have the money untill next year unfortunaly
    So maybe I'll try to set up a Horsham tuning day here in Sweden when the time comes

Liked
    Sounds good
    I can map the standard ECUs on most Nissans and some Subarus (only the early JDM ones at the moment) - I can also do the Power FC / emanage for most cars.

Jono Guest
    And only 45mins down the road in Newbury (near my works HQ too!) - Hmm, could well be paying a visit one day

Jez, can you recommend anyone for servicing an S15 near you?

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    Sounds good
    I can map the standard ECUs on most Nissans and some Subarus (only the early JDM ones at the moment) - I can also do the Power FC / emanage for most cars.
    Thats perfect.
    Then there's no problem finding cars over here for you to map

Now there's only the money missing from my side.

I'll be in touch later when it's mapping time. Could take a good while though

Edit: or maybe I just get the nismo 555 and get the S14a chip? Needs some thought.

Liked
    If I can get someone in the UK to try the stage 2 or 3 S14a maps I have and it works, a stage 2 or 3 ECU upgrade would probably be the best thing to do.

Meddy Guest
    Just thought I should post in here to let folks know about my experience with Jez mapping my car which happened on Saturday.

I know Im going to sound like Im an echo of Nicely, but really I cant recommend him enough. The car is running much better than previously when mapped by one of the Norths supposed expert garages. Im well chuffed

All this and it was his first attempt at mapping a power FC. So Ming and co, he's only down the road for you, so go and get your cars sorted.