What's new

Convert your S15 to run high octane Bioethanol!

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Will this kit allow for the full use of advancing ignition timing to produce more power while driving on E85 & still maintain the versatility of using 95?

I'm very keen to see these comparative dyno figures.

S

Silverstreak

Will this kit allow for the full use of advancing ignition timing to produce more power while driving on E85 & still maintain the versatility of using 95?

I'm very keen to see these comparative dyno figures.
I only use 98ron when using petrol, V-Power to be precise, but this is exactily what we are hoping to find out, as our unit takes its reading directly from thr ECU, we know that it will work with any aftermarket unit such as the HKS F-Con Pro etc. Although it is beneficial to upgrade to larger injectors, fuel rail, pump and AFM. But this is what we will be investigating during further development.

Reaction score
need a second test subject car??? lol

i've got injectors waiting to go in, and fuel pump is already installed... lol

Reaction score
How much is E85 now compared to the stupidly high price of petrol now Tesco99 is 117p where I live,are there any plans to open a pump in Blackpool area?

S

Silverstreak

How much is E85 now compared to the stupidly high price of petrol now Tesco99 is 117p where I live,are there any plans to open a pump in Blackpool area?
Keep enjoying it while you can, its 123.9p down here, as for Ethanol it is comming in at 113.9p, however the saving is comparative as Ethanol has around a 15-20% higher consumption than Petrol.

With regards to a new pump in Blackpool, I shall ask the question next time I speak with the fuel director at Morrisons. Will keep you posted!

the thing is .. its all going to be taxed the same at some point.
Its already taxed the same in the uk, thats why it keeps on going up at the same rate as petrol. Dam government can't tell the difference between fosil fuel and sugar!!!!!:confused:

If only we were following the same fuel tax guidelines as the rest of europe/the world! :annoyed:

Welcome to the UK!:rant:

S

screamracing

can you run an s15 non turbo on pure ethanol if so what needs to be done to make it run safely

S

Silverstreak

can you run an s15 non turbo on pure ethanol if so what needs to be done to make it run safely
You can run any vehicle that has a petrol engine with an electronic or digial injection system, with regards to making it safe, we recomend to all of our customers that they run on petrol for at least 50 miles after the conversion is done before filling with ethanol, this is to let the kit learn how the air/fuel ratio runs on the specific car, allowing correct fueling to happen once ethanol is used, it is also a good idea to get the fueling checked by a garage once the kit is fitted as it is adjustable manualy internaly, this should also be done once you start using ethanol, to make sure the settings are correct for your car.

Otherwise there are no safety problems, ethanol is purer than petrol, burns alot cooler and has great cleaning properties, hope this helps :thumbs:

S

screamracing

dont no much about pure ethanol looked into a couple of places here in new zealand and they had 160 and 180 proof whats the difference and can either be used also why do they put the petrol in the ethanol if you can run it on pure