What's new

Gathering interest, OEM Replica fibreglass rear spats...

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
After managing to source a set of vgc OEM s15 rear spats I'm now looking to getting them replicated in fibreglass at a more affordable price to Originals.

I have had S14a kouki rear spats produced already to a very high standard, fitment was perfect and these retailed at £100 + postage.

I don't need a minimum order, prices should be similar if not the same as the S14a versions but I would like to get an Idea of how much interest there would be in these before I go ahead and Invest in Mould making and placing an order number.

If you are genuinely interested please reply in the thread and I will update it as soon as I have a confirmed Price per set.

Cheers, Guy, Nemesis Performance.

Reaction score
Country
Rear spats would be a good idea as long as they are good replicas. I would also consider trying to copy an aero bumper. Import versions by the time you include shipping are best part of £400. If there were available in the Uk for more like £150-£200 I think they would fly off the shelves :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Someone tried copying the spats a while ago but the fitment was not as good as they initially claimed. They need to be trimmed perfectly to follow the line of the bumper.

I think the best thing to do would be have a set made and fitted, then post some pics up so people can see what they are like themselves to save a potential repeat of last time :)

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
I have no Issue's with development to ensure a perfect fit.

Below are picture of the S14a kouki Oem replica spat we had made, this was the first pair made, they actually sat on the rear quarter/bumper without any fixings. As you can see quality is exceptional!

A Replica of the Aero Bumper is also possible but we don't at present have a donor bumper to take a mould from

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I would like it if you would post some pics of the items you are selling fitted before offering them formally for sale Guy. We all know that aftermarket parts very rarely fit 'perfectly' so that's a very strong word to use describing fitmet of something you haven't actually had made yet.
I also think the S15 ones are considerably more difficult to replicate as they follow the bumper a lot further round than the Kouki's do. If the trimming is not perfect and if there is any warping, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm saying this to protect the forum members because we have had issues with spats before which nobody wants to see happening again. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you to do this anyway?

Thank you.