Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello Oilman.
i would like a recommendation for some new oils.

Firstly the S15.
about 300hp @ the crank and I'll be running a thermostatic oil cooler (85degrees C).

And also for a Skyline R33GTS-T. only mod is catback exhaust.

I would prefer using the same viscosity oil in both as I could buy a box of 25L Motul 300V.

I was thinking 10W40 as I'll be doing some trackdays in the Silvia.
But I'm also considering 5W40, but not sure if it will be OK for the Skyline?
Not sure what temps I'll be getting with the new oil-cooler in the S15 either.

what is your opinion?

Edit: Also wondering about diff oils.
I have 2L of Motul 90PA in the garage.
But I've heard of a new diff-oil from Motul which is supposed to be better. I think it's the gear FF competition. Worth getting for the S15 or is the 90PA good enough?

Reaction score
Hello Oilman,

As with Yakozan, i'm running an s15 at around 300bhp @ crank. I've got a Greddy thermostatic oil cooler already. I'll probably be doing at most 2 track days a year (never done one yet, so i'll be slow lol). Also, i'd like to change the gearbox and diff oil.

I'm thing the Silkolene Pro S 5w40 or 10w50 and Silktran Syn 5 75W/90 for the diff and gearbox.

Is this ok. Which grade for the engine would you recommend?

Cheers mate.

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
It looks like this club is not a registered with opie. You can register as an individual. I have queried with the oilman and it looks like a site admin or their next in command would have to register us as a club. I am still waiting confirmation of this.

This would allow the possibility of group buys or multiple purchases of products which I would be happy to try and coordinate if site admin dont mind of course.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am sure the club was registered at one point. Send nicely a pm and ask him.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you are in a rush and want to use the club discount scheme, it would be easier to use your SXOC account to do this (assuming you have one) as they are a registered club.

Oilman hasn't been on here in over a year and never mentions special offers etc like they do on the bigger forums, so it seems the size of our forum deems us not worth bothering with. Shame really as I buy all my performance lubricants from them.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Oilman received an email notification when this thread was posted on, there should be no need for us to specifically go and complete a form on their web site. Oilman came to us by himself originally; we didn't go to him. Judging by his lack of presence over the past year, it looks as though it wasn't worth his while to visit regularly. We have just introduced new rules for traders whereby they are required to visit the forums regularly to update deals and offers and check for enquiries from members. Failure to do this may result in account deletion. We must remember that traders are ultimately on the forum for their own benefit. Yes, they may do us deals, but they still are here to make money. Given that the club has no compulsory trade fees, it's not too much to ask that they are regular visitors.

We shall see if we get a visit. :)

Reaction score
i spent just over £90 with these guys last week on oil, diff oil, and gearbox oil, super quick delivery and excellent service.

Il put pics up of what i got in a few days, just quote summersale over the phone and he took like 15|% off!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I've got a quick one for you thinking about it..

I run Redline lightweight shockproof oil in my box and heavyweight shockproof oil in my diff, and have done for some time. What do you think to this combination? It's never caused me an issue but some people say the helical diff doesn't seem to lock as well with the heavyweight oil..?

oilman

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.opieoils.co.uk
It is a fine combo, good stuff. Though to make life easier you could use the lightweight shock in the diff as well.

Cheers

Guy

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What difference would that make? Does higher viscosity oil run hotter in gearboxes and diffs due to the viscosity? :)

oilman

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.opieoils.co.uk
Hi,

Until midnight Sunday we have a 20% SALE on our website with voucher code SALE20

If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

oilman

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.opieoils.co.uk
Feel free to contact us here for any oil recommendations or any oil related questions you may have.

Alternatively complete our oil recommendation form and we will get back to you asap. You can also give us a call on 01209 202949 Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm or just drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

oilman