What's new

Detailing Jem showing a bodyshop how it should be done!

Jem

Trader
Reaction score
Country
I detailed this Alfa last year and the customer was very happy until three days afterwards when they reversed into a fence, damaging the off side rear corner of the bumper and the off side rear arch. The car went to a bodyshop, who had been recommended to my customer by a friend. Sadly while the bodyshop did a good job of the repair and the painting, the finishing left a lot to be desired to say the least. The car had been back to the bodyshop three times to have the hologrames removed! So I was contacted to correct the bodyshops failings.

The pictures speak volumes!

This reading shows the filler in the arch, but the quality of the repair was very good, apart from the holograms:

So the whole car was washed, clayed, corrected, protected, and the customers smile restored :) :

Jem

Trader
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, using a harsh cutting compound can leave holograms if you're not careful, some will leave them what ever you do. If you need that amount of cut it's not a problem, but you do need to refine the finish with a finishing polish.

Jay

Reaction score
a great job there mate! my car is due back from the bodyshop any day now after a respray, if the finish isnt up to scratch (see what i did there?) as im just down the road from you. then i may have you give you a call!!