What's new

Detailing Jem - Whats all that about then???

Jem

Trader
Reaction score
Country
For a detailed service producing a 'better than new' finish!
Whether your vehicle needs complete paint correction, paint protection or a general valeting service I aim to deliver!
I am based in Lincolnshire but am predominantly a mobile detailing service for any car (from daily drive to classic or supercar) anywhere in the UK.
I always strive for excellence & have extremely high standards. I genuinely enjoy detailing and have an incredible attention to detail.
I cater to my customers, so whether you want specific services such as paint correction, paint protection, or a simply want a gleaming shine, you can count on me.

Services include:
Wash
Rinse
Claybar
Glaze
Wax
Paint Correction
Tyre Dressing
Interior Detailing
Leather cleaning and protection
Engine Detailing

There are three main components of exterior car detailing:

Cleaning, Correction, and Protection.

Cleaning:
This refers to removing all foreign surface particles from your car's exterior paintwork through the use of washing and claying. A clay bar removes contamination from the exterior that cannot be removed through normal washing. Wheels are cleaned with non-acid based cleansers, exhaust tail pipes are cleaned and polished, as are all glass surfaces and lights. This is essential to provide a clean surface for the next stage which is paint correction.

Correction:
This refers to using the highest quality polishes with a rotary polishing machine and specific polishing pads that remove fine scratches and swirls from the paint surface. This is the stage that brings the paint back to life and is the basis of producing a stunning shine and wet look to the finish.

Protection:
This involves the application of a protective sealant or wax (in liquid, paste or hard wax form) that provides a barrier against the elements. This also greatly helps the paint repel water and is the final stage in producing an incredible glossy shine. There is a vast array of products for protection, from synthetic sealents to high carnauba content waxes.

Why detail your car?

Pride:

Take pride in owning a car that is always in peak condition & greater ownership experience due to condition.

Ease:
A detailed car is far easier to clean and also has the added benefit of your car stays cleaner for longer. In a similar way to Teflon, dirt finds it harder to stick to a freshly polished and waxed car.

Protection:
Paintwork is more resistant to environmental damage as surfaces and materials are protected preventing deteroration.

Appearance:
Good condition vehicles look better than new once detailed and resale value is maximised as buyers generally buy on appearance.

Prices

Exterior
For a full exterior detail including paint correction I charge £299*, but I reduce that by 10% to just £269 for S15OC members :thumbs:
That would include:

• Full exterior wash with wheels cleaned using a non-acid based cleaner, nooks and crannies are all cleaned properly
  • Paint work clayed to remove bonded contaminants and any tar removed
  • Paint correction to remove swirl marks and fine scratches leaving a deep and wet looking shine (this is the bit that takes the time!)
  • The paint is then glazed to enhance the gloss
  • A sealant or wax is applied to protect the paint and further enhance the finish.
  • Exhaust tailpipes are polished if applicable.
  • Wheels are sealed to enhance the finish and aid future cleaning, tyres and exterior plastics are dressed

It takes a day and I normally start at around 8:30am. All I need is somewhere to work on the car, a mains water tap (an outside tap is ideal) and mains power within 15 metres of the car. I also need a dry day unless you have a garage large enough to work around the car.

This is the service most of my customers who want a very shiny car ask for, though I can tailor to your specific needs depending on your requirements.

'Maintenance Detail' £149 (£129 for S15OC members) includes travel up to 100 miles.

This includes:

• Full exterior wash with wheels cleaned using a non-acid based cleaner, nooks and crannies are all cleaned properly
  • Paint work clayed to remove bonded contaminants and any tar removed
  • The paint is then glazed to enhance the gloss and mask swirl marks
  • A sealant or wax is applied to protect the paint and further enhance the finish.
  • Exhaust tailpipes are polished if applicable.
  • Wheels are sealed to enhance the finish and aid future cleaning, tyres and exterior plastics are dressed

Interior

Silver:
Interior vacuumed, dashboard and door cards cleaned, interior glass cleaned £25

Gold:
Interior vacuumed including boot, dashboard, door cards etc cleaned, fabric seats cleaned or leather seats cleaned and treated, headlining cleaned, interior glass cleaned and anything else I can find to clean cleaned! £49

Engine Bay

Engine bay cleaned and dressed by hand without water to avoid electrical problems £30

I can wet clean engine bays and this does give a better end result, but also presents the slight risk of electrical problems and engine misfires. While I am happy to do this for you, and would take every possible care to avoid any electrical problems, I will not accept any responsibility for any electrical or engine problems what arise after engine bay cleaning. The price is the same as cleaning by hand at £30

*Excludes exceptionally large cars and larger 4x4's and people carriers, please email me. My travel costs are included in any quote. The £299 before S15OC discount price and the discounted members price of £269 includes travel up to 100 miles from Stamford in Lincolnshire. I'm more than happy to travel further, but this would be subject to an extra charge of 40 pence per mile, over 100 miles from Stamford. So if you were 200 miles away, it would be an extra £40.

Disclaimer: While I take great pride in providing 100% customer satisfaction, and many of my customers have said I can work miracles, unfortunatly there is a limit to what I can do. If your car has fundamental paint defects such as flaking paint, stone chips, deep scratches and bird lime etching, rust bubbling, poor colour matching from resprayed panels, dents ect I will not be able to achieve a perfect finish in those areas. Often deeper scratches and bird lime eteching can be 'softened' so they are less noticable. Unfortunatly small dents can become more noticable due to the enhanced gloss of the paint after correction and protection, sometimes showing dents that were previously unnoticeable.

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Same here, first hand too. He did an excellent job on my Dad's Jag recently and the S15's booked in for the same treatment in a few weeks :)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
This is good timing, i was gonna post today asking if anyone had suggestions on who to use to have my car cleaned up ready for japfest, needs the paint fixing on the door mirror first but i was gonna give little knocks a call later this week for that. I just needed someone to work on removing the swirls from the previous owner provided plus cleaning the engine, some of the items i was going to do this week myself but the weathers been too random down Southampton.

Jem could i drop by with my car over a weekend so we can look over the swirls & marks and discuss further

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I was thinking of getting my car done by yourself as I got a discount voucher at miss banzai tunnel run show and shine but the car isn't quite ready yet.
How long will this discount be open for?

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jem, if only this was a year ago... I got mine done at KDS for triple this money!!! As Christian says I have also seen all the great feedback on your SXOC traders section too..

Might do the misses car for this money though!!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
A friend of mine may take it.. I'll check with him now.

Jem

Trader
Reaction score
Country
Please note there is a slight increase in prices from the 1st June 2012. Any bookings already taken will remain at the quoted price.