What's new

Up the boost!

J

Jono

Am I right in saying I could up the boost on my fairly standard setup if I fitted a FMIC? :confused:

S

S15R

with stock IC setup, run 0.9 bar should have no problem and with FMIC you can run alittle higher

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Remap, remap, remap....

Yes, you can up the boost and your chances of det would be reduced. Do you want to take the chance...?

J

Jono

I dunno, do I? :wack:

Judging from the relative retoricallity of the question, I guess I don't! Re-Map requires remappable ECU does it not?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
I dunno, do I? :wack:

Judging from the relative retoricallity of the question, I guess I don't! Re-Map requires remappable ECU does it not?
Just up it to 0.8Bar. You will feel a difference :)
I turned of my boost controller yesterday because i thought I had a exhaust leak again. It felt so slow boosting 0.4bars on low revs and like 0.6 on higher. No pull from the start :(

Turned out to be my Oil catch tank making the noise :confused:
Turned boost back up and it's all sweet :)
With full exhaust, filter, FMIC, 0.8Bar of boost and some other small stuff, you should be looking at 250hp.... At the wheels :)

J

Jono

Mmmm - I have the full exhaust (but you probably don't count that without Manifold, Dump and Front pipes?), I have the air filter and I'm peaking at 0.8bar now too. Still feel like it could go some more.

Forgot about Jez in Newbury! Hell, I could even combine it with a trip to work and claim back the fuel :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
Mmmm - I have the full exhaust (but you probably don't count that without Manifold, Dump and Front pipes?), I have the air filter and I'm peaking at 0.8bar now too. Still feel like it could go some more.

Forgot about Jez in Newbury! Hell, I could even combine it with a trip to work and claim back the fuel :D
I wouldn't worry 'bout the manifold yet. dump and front pipe is more important.
An EBC will make it boost harder :) I got about 0.8 in boost before fitting the EBC too. But that wan't untill high revs. With EBC it will get that boost earlier :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I have nothing to add....................... except i wish i was closer to Jez :cry: ............................. in goegraphical terms ofcourse :ghey:

G

Get_Real

I would defo recommend a visit to Jez in Newbury....... Although i did waste a quarter of a tank just driving between 2 roundabouts while he set up the AVCR and listened for det!!! hehehe :rolleyes: :D

I got the Stage 2 remap which means you need 555s, Denso plugs, full exhaust (i only have frontpipe onwards), air filter and an FMIC (although i don't have one yet as i don't really wanna cut my car up... :ghey: Still deciding... does anyone know if there is an FMIC that will not need cutting??) plus i also have a walbro. Jez has limited my boost to 1.1bar as i don't have an FMIC as it was detting at 1.2!! Saying that...the car now feels awesome....power delivery is much more linear and boost occurs much earlier too!! Especially in gear driving!!! Tap on the throttle and it reaches peak boost pretty damn quick! :thumbs: :cool:

And if i get an FMIC, i will be able to run 1.2bar safely...so room for upgrades!!

Next mod is gonna be a 330mm upgrade from Dans14a!! Can't wait!!

Cheers,
Alex

PS: Hope that helps!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Sounds good, sounds like you will need those bigger brakes too :nod

Get it on a Dyno and let us know what power your at :)