What's new

A good tuner up North?

Reaction score
Looking for someone who can set up my profec B boost controller for me, possibly on a roller but dont know who to trust.

I have already fitted it myself and initially sat up but I feel the car can give a lot more, but I dont really want to push to the limit without knowing if is running lean or not.

Does anyone know a good place to go to around Manchester who is good with either S14/15, and know what they are doin. :nod:

Thx

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As a rule of thumb, you don't want to be running more than 0.8 bar/12 psi until you have had the car remapped. When I got the first mapping done on mine, it was detting just above that running Optimax.

Don't be fooled if you can't hear det. To be able to actually hear it in the cabin on full throttle means its pretty serious...

M

Meddy

JP825 said:
Looking for someone who can set up my profec B boost controller for me, possibly on a roller but dont know who to trust.

I have already fitted it myself and initially sat up but I feel the car can give a lot more, but I dont really want to push to the limit without knowing if is running lean or not.

Does anyone know a good place to go to around Manchester who is good with either S14/15, and know what they are doin. :nod:

Thx
Get yourself along to RC Developments in Warrington if you are wanting someone to sort things for you. I know a lot of people moan about them being expensive, but from my experience of some other northern places its for good reason. You get what you pay for in this world. :nod:

Reaction score
I wasnt intend to go over 0.8 bar but I am finding it hard test for boost spike and not really sure if is boosting properly. :confused:

RC is good becasue I used them before for my Evo and Type r, although a little expensive but they dont have a rolling road and I am not too sure about road tuning. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard good stuff about Hyper SR in Wigan??

M

Meddy

JP825 said:
I wasnt intend to go over 0.8 bar but I am finding it hard test for boost spike and not really sure if is boosting properly. :confused:

RC is good becasue I used them before for my Evo and Type r, although a little expensive but they dont have a rolling road and I am not too sure about road tuning. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard good stuff about Hyper SR in Wigan??
Road tuning is the best in my opinion, I dont think you can ever load a car up the same on the rollers. Ive heard mixed reports about Hyper SR so wont push you either way on that one.

Reaction score
Can anyone post their setting on their Profec B for referecnes, just want to see how it compares to mine. Please post the mod as well if possible.

Cheers :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Up North...... Manchester :confused: , are you having a laugh.............., thats a huge amount of miles south :nod:

M

Meddy

Topper said:
Up North...... Manchester :confused: , are you having a laugh.............., thats a huge amount of miles south :nod:
We are talking about the north of civilisation though. :D

M

Meddy

Topper said:
very good :ghey:

Surely Newcastle is north?? Is Manchaster not more central?
;)

Yep Id agree its more southern than Newcastle, but definately not central. Definately the North though. Anywhere above Chesterfield qualifies as the North to me. :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If thats the case, then really everywhere south of where you are is south, and everywhere north of where you are is north :p

M

Meddy

Topper said:
If thats the case, then really everywhere south of where you are is south, and everywhere north of where you are is north :p
South of Nicely is France isnt it? :D :p