What's new

Test Drive..!!

N

Nick

Well I went for a test drive yesterday of a spec R s15... And all i can say is wow...

I found it real comfy, nice driving position, and the engine pulled really well...

I though my mind was made up, until last night, when i went to the jap meet at Bluewater, and there was Kierans s15 there, and one black s2000... :confused:

Arghhhh... The s2000 just looked so sweet, but i know the s15 will satisfy me more engine wise... Ive weighed out my pros and cons and the s15 comes out on top, just, so it wans at the moment...

We'll just have to see, hopefully my car will be goin next wednesday, fingers crossed for me... ;)

Nick

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It's up to you now mate :)

Choose the car which you like best.
Forget about performance and stuff like that. The most important thing is that you get the car you like the most.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
elizium said:
Yakozan said:
Forget about performance and stuff like that.
now that is the kind of comment I'd expect from Mrs Elizium... :rolleyes:
Hmm, that might have come out the wrong way.
I meant that the car which you find best overall and which appeal the most to you is the one you should go for.

You shouldn't choose a car over another because it's faster 0-402m or has higher top speed.
If that was the case I wouldn't be driving a S15. Probobly an old V8 converted Volvo 240 or something hideous :)

I think that the rarity of the S15 in Europe partly is because people stare themselves blind over performance figures.
i think people here in Sweden choose Skylines, Supras or EVOs over the S15 because they're faster on the paper.

It should be the overall experience which makes your mind up and not the spec-sheet.

having that said, I bought a S15 without ever seen or driven one in real life :D
i call it love at first sight :thumbs:

J

Jono

Erm - me too, it was love at first sight! I'd been shopping at Torque for a Skyline for the missus when she pointed out the Silvia to me. I'd never seen even a decent picture of one (only small thumbnail pics in the trader section of Banzai) and with one walk around it I was on the phone to the bank asking if they would double my personal loan! :D

2 weeks later it was MINE :thumbs:

I did think about an S2000, and on the way home from viewing the Nissan's we saw a spectacular example of a fully Spoon Tuned Black S2000 at services which did make the idea very tempting. However, one major thrill I get from the S15 (apart from pissing over S2000's!) is the looks it gets and the "what is it?" remarks! It's a proper secret weapon, not quite a street sleeper but certainly enough to make people's jaws drop.

God I love my S15! :nod:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i would say its the same with me i have always like 200sx from the S13 then S14 but once i saw a S15 i knew I wil have one no matter what....and time came and it was mine aswell even tho i had a long wait and crap service fromt he companie i brought it from but still cant beat a S15 no matter what....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Like one or two people on here, I owned an S14 for a few years before getting the S15. I knew I wanted an S15 within 4 months of owning the 14, when I saw one for the first time on the SXOC forum. I viewed one in the flesh within a few months too. Took another couple of years before I got one though :p

I gained a large amount of knowledge of S14s, which set me in good stead for the 15. Didn't stop me suffering from tunnel vision when I bought my first one. I learnt a lot from those mistakes. Luckily I had the opportunity to give it back and get a refund. I did it right the second time :nod:

For me, the main draws of the S15 were:

1. looks & performance
2. rarity
3. fantastic residual values
4. mechanical familiarity

Reaction score
Before I bought my S15 I was debating between a DC5 Integra type r. I like the S2000 too but being a two seater its not a very practical choice as a daily drive and I see s2000 as a second or weekend car (which I already got). But when I saw my car up for sale and I just had to buy it, mainly down to Individuality :D . See too much S2000 one the road.

S15 is a special car :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The main Pro the S2000 has is.... they were sold in the UK, i.e. you cant really buy a dodgy import :no:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I never knew much about the car, if anything before buying it other than most mechanical parts can be used from the S14 :thumbs:

I have learnt alot, and they are actually very easy to work on :nod:

N

Nick

Yeah i read about that... Relocation kit comes in to mind tho... ;)

Well i got a week today till me car hopefully goes...

That gives me 5 days till i go on holiday to find a car... But i might have to wait if i cant find the right one...

Reaction score
Nicely said:
Like one or two people on here, I owned an S14 for a few years before getting the S15. I knew I wanted an S15 within 4 months of owning the 14, when I saw one for the first time on the SXOC forum. I viewed one in the flesh within a few months too. Took another couple of years before I got one though :p

I gained a large amount of knowledge of S14s, which set me in good stead for the 15. Didn't stop me suffering from tunnel vision when I bought my first one. I learnt a lot from those mistakes. Luckily I had the opportunity to give it back and get a refund. I did it right the second time :nod:

For me, the main draws of the S15 were:

1. looks & performance
2. rarity
3. fantastic residual values
4. mechanical familiarity
what happened with the first one?

Reaction score
Nicely said:
Except changing the oil filter the first time... :rant:
are you referring to the nice bruise you got on your arm? - I know I got one! Damn tight spaces!

ps - I had the foresight to lay rags below the filter before removing it - I'm sure many have spilt oil down there :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Most people's first experience is finding the filter welded on by some Nissan spanner monkey :rant: I actually found the part in the workshop manual for changing the oil filter. 2/3 of a turn past the point the filter bites. Why can't they follow this?!

Reaction score
Country
This has totally gone of the topic of test drives

here we go

Just installed my GReddy oil filter moval kit a couple of weeks ago.
makes oil changes enjoyable

S

Speedy

Are they that awkward? can someone please post up a pic from underneath the vehicle if they have one. Being a spanner monkey myself im interested :p

Reaction score
if not speedy, i'll let ya crawl under mine at pod.... lol

i want a relocation kit though!! can't find 'em forsale though??? help?