What's new

Open Event: Brands Hatch Taster Session

Reaction score
Country
Hey

After going Go-Karting and finishing in last place i thought it be cool to go on a track with my S15.

I spoke to Nick who arranges everything and he said that there will be 25 cars in total so before i book anything i thought a ask if anyone else wants to come along.

Its a 20 min session.

Here's a link for all the details.
http://www.clubmsv.com/car-home/taster-sessions.aspx

Im thinking of going in July time, still got work on me car. Im going either way with Mark_D and a few others ( bro with GC8 & mate with a DC5 ).

Let me know what you all think.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Having done several trackdays I would advise the following..!

For your first trackday, go to Bedford Autodrome. Reason behind this is there is literally nothing to hit and if you spin the chances are you won't even make the grass as the track is so wide.

Secondly, get an oil temp/pressure gauge and preferably an oil cooler.

Thirdly, splash out and go for the full day with open pit lane. This means you can come and go as you pease, blag passenger laps in stupidly quick cars and get a proper feel for things rather than having one 20min blast.

That's what I think anyway! Let me know when you go and I'll pop along too :)

Reaction score
Country
Hey thanks for the tips Craig.

Just checking the site now.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That's cool mate. Like I say, let me know when it is and I'll book in too :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Track is what it's all about baby!!! :D

Craig's got it in a nutshell - although I'd deffo add that having decent brakes is absolutely essential... way more important than a faster engine etc ;) If you can brake with confidence and not get fade until a few laps in then your day will be much more enjoyable. So make sure your pads are decent, discs are not warped or cracked, in full working order etc.

When I get my S14a sorted I'll be hitting Oulton Park and also Cadwell. May sneak in another Nurburgring trip if I can :wack: Expect open pit days to be around £190+ in the summer when it's popular... less during winter months for obvious reasons. I'm gonna hit Curborough next year as my track project shakedown hehe...

Any more advice needed dude just post on here as there's a few of us with track/drift experience :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
J - we have booked Curborough for the day on 16th June. It's £50 for the day and still a couple of spaces. You get loads of track time too ;)

Reaction score
Country
Hey cheers James.

I'm gonna need all the advise I can heh. I've given myself 2 months to sort me brakes out, me bro has just got he's brakes sorted on his gc8 lol.