Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

Don't think you're going to find one like that outside an S14 (not S14a), I'm afraid. The S15 one looks like this:

This wouldn't be anything to do with the recent VVT solenoid thread on SXOC would it?

F

fastfu

yes it would, i just thought i'd try and see it the other type of solenoid were available on new cars,

now that scuppered my plans :cry:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I posted up the part number for the S14 solenoid. I'd have thought you can still get them...though you can probably guess the price...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just for interest.

UK price ?140.08 + VAT (?164.59). 3 week back order item.

Just requested a Nissan Japan price off Perfectrun cos I love doing these comparisons :D

K

kieran

sorry to drag this up is this the bit required to stop the vvt rattle on start up?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's no convincing argument that it will. Its more likely to be the sprocket.

The VVT sprocket is currently be investigated by the SXOC. A new one is being compared (accurately) with a fooked one to try to establish the weakness and if it can be rectified without buying a replacement sprocket. The results of this will almost certainly be a members only perk.

K

kieran

lol coming to an sxoc clan near you :thumbs: cool, well if its good news ill join :p lol

although after oil changes its certainly less noisey which would make it seem like the selenoid? ill try a flush on the next change see what occours :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My main concern is using a solenoid designed to work with a different sprocket. Sprocket designs changed along with solenoid designs...