What's new

S14 coilovers on a S15

H

Hank S15

Will they fit?

Just found out that one of the Tein coilovers on my S15 is starting to leak :cry:
And over here it`s much easier (and cheaper) to find S14 coilovers then S15 coilovers!

So will they fit? :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes. The spring and damper rates are different though. However, I am running S14 coilovers, as are a few S15 guys in the UK.

D

Derek

Me also running s14 coilovers 6kg and 4kg. Tein Uk service and rebuild tein coilovers.

H

Hank S15

Derek said:
Me also running s14 coilovers 6kg and 4kg. Tein Uk service and rebuild tein coilovers.
Yeah thought of that option.. but sending them to the UK is quite expensive... and may take upto 4 weeks till there returned.
Don`t have the standard struts.. so have the car on the lift for 4 weeks is not a option.

Also... I hate Tein :p

H

Hank S15

Yeah... did bit of a test drive today, pushed it to 125mph... car feels really jumpy when there is the slightest dent in the road.

So think I`ll go with a complete new set... and have it set up properly also.
Jumpy car with the mega agressive diff like mine has is just dangerous!

Edit: Oh right... on a closed circuit offcourse... :rolleyes:

D

Derek

I hear exactly what your're sayin. My car came in with Jic coilovers i have them off now and was thinking of sending them to manufacture but there in America. So i bought a new set of Apex coilovers. It was one of the back ones and it was bottoming out and was just too dangerous to use..

S

S15R

yewei said:
so maybe a set of tein lowered springs is good enough? :confused:
you will not have enough travel and probably will bottom your suspension and bent your strut.

S14 coilovers should be fine as long they are "fully" height adjustable