What's new

FMIC size what size are best to use??

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys i knwo some of u guys know ive been checking Fmic out lately, But what I really wanna know is what size fmic should i get?
which size should fit the S15 with out too much cuting of the car i know I will have to trim the bumper and cut the hole where the battery sit but will I have to cut anything else aswell?
been thinking of the one Apex are doing for 395 plus del....but i see that nengun do it for cheaper and can get a better one aswell....any ideas??

thanks Ming

A

Ansch

I've been looking at the ARC kit from one of the jap online dealers. The core is 280x600x76 I think.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You don't need anything more than either Apex's own kit or the GReddy M Spec one they are getting (also sold by Nengun). All the reasonably priced kits will need the same alterations. Battery tray hole, bumper trim, bumper support trim, and chassis rail trim. Oh, and the replacement smaller battery isn't included in the price.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well mainly iam look at what sizes really...what size is the best fit..as i dont wanna get too big

A

Ansch

well the reason I'm looking at the ARC kit, specifically the turn flow version where the existing top part of the factory pipes are used. Therefore, it does not need to cut battery tray and new battery. Price wise, It'd be about the same with the ARC kit or the greddy m-spec + new battery. ARC would be a couple of hundred more expensive in aud but their cooler are suppose to be one of the best. As oppose to the chinese core of the m-spec.

Still deciding :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Shortening the pipework is an advantage, the system you are looking at wont offer as much benifit as the ones that go through the battery tray :no:

Reaction score
Country
Im also starting to look for a good FMIC..
hey you guys know which was the best for least presure drop...?

Was thinking Blitz LM intercooler cause its cheap on nengun
was also considering ARC but more money.

Reaction score
my m-spec arrives late july/early august, will post up some info/pics when it arrives :)

D

Derek

A'PEXi said:
my m-spec arrives late july/early august, will post up some info/pics when it arrives :)
Apexi who have you the Spec M ordered from. I too have the Spec M ordered from Perfectrun. They beat Nenguns price for me. It was between the Blitz LM and the Greddy Spec M. I went for the Spec bascically because it was about 200 euro cheaper and at end of day a Intercooler is a Intercooler.. Plus Spec m is polished and Blitz isn't.

Reaction score
Derek said:
A'PEXi said:
Apexi who have you the Spec M ordered from. I too have the Spec M ordered from Perfectrun. They beat Nenguns price for me. It was between the Blitz LM and the Greddy Spec M. I went for the Spec bascically because it was about 200 euro cheaper and at end of day a Intercooler is a Intercooler.. Plus Spec m is polished and Blitz isn't.
i've ordered the kit via a local importer, hipowerracing. pretty much the cheapest price available compared to other importer prices... he said there was a shortage around the world due to everyone ordering so many kits at the same time, but he will have about 50kits arrive early august it looks like now.

D

Derek

A'PEXi said:
Derek said:
A'PEXi said:
i've ordered the kit via a local importer, hipowerracing. pretty much the cheapest price available compared to other importer prices... he said there was a shortage around the world due to everyone ordering so many kits at the same time, but he will have about 50kits arrive early august it looks like now.
Yeah i was orginally told mid to late july. But i'm not in much of panic anyway.. There is a Delay everywhere. I'd say Trust sold more than they thought or didn't realise it would be so popular.

V

Vandal

^^Any reason for the added length? While I'm thread hijacking, does anyone know the best size FMIC for an aero front bar? I don't really want piping visible from the front.

Reaction score
It was designed to fit better behind a standard bar I believe. If you look at a 600x300x70 FMIC, how much of it is hidden by the bar???

With the Hyperflow ones, they increased the length to fill the gap in the front bar while reducing the height so that almost the entire core is in the gap in the front bar.

600 x 300 x 70 = 12600000

670 x 240 x 90 = 14472000

I had mine fitted behind an Aero bar, and didn't have to trim my bar at all :D I could hardly see the piping at all either. The only angle you could see it with my fog lights in was in the middle pic

V

Vandal

cheers, I would probably have bought a 600mm, but will definitely go for the 670mm now as I am planning on getting an aero front bar eventually :D