What's new

Rocker Arm Stoper and Lash killer kits.

Reaction score
Country
guys ive heard that the SR20DET engines are dangerous when kept at high rev for long period or constantly hitting of the limiter as it does when drifting.
Cause the rocket arms can bounce of it loction at high revs cause of the hydralic lift system.

I know the Rocker Arm Stopper(RAS) kits stop this from happening but its only useful for sr20det engines that dont have vvt/vvl
and for engines with vvl/vvt (thats s15 engines) they can only install them on the one side ( not sure if it the ext. or int. ) which is not ver useful keeping one side safe

but ive heard that lash killer kits do the same thing it replaces the hydralic lift system and puts in a solid lift system. and allows the engine to run high revs.
i want to find out more info on this and how much work is required to fit the solid lift lash killer kits. also hear new spring and guides are required??

and does the lash killer work with keeping the vvt/vvl cam shaft profiles?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not a clue. If you don't get an answer here, try Driftworks, as the same will apply for the S14...

Reaction score
I just had a set of Greddy RAS installed in my S15 and they definately went onto both sides (intake and exhaust).

There is a oil splash guard on the inside of the rocker cover which needs to be cut out or grinded away for the intake side to fit correctly.

Reaction score
Country
hear it takes away the vvt/vvl so most people fit them on one side.

it probably takes away the vvt/vvl with it fitted.
did you notice any difference in preformance?

keeping the high rev ok??

Reaction score
raytsang said:
hear it takes away the vvt/vvl so most people fit them on one side.
I call bullsh1t on this one!!! and reckon that they are too lazy to modify the rocker cover the way you are supposed to and the way the instructions tell you to!!!!

raytsang said:
it probably takes away the vvt/vvl with it fitted.
did you notice any difference in preformance?

keeping the high rev ok??
um, I only know about the Rocker Arm Stoppers, but I know that when fitted on both intake and exhaust side on a s14 and s15 engines, the VCT/NVCS is retained. I know I have both sides installed, and still have my VCT working (and I even have HKS step 2 cams and HKS valve springs).

After fitting the RAS, there was no change in performance, how could there be, they are just a piece of metal screwed to the head to stop rocker arms flying off if they ever do. They are a preventative measure. As for keeping the revs high, well with step 2 cams, its the best way to drive the car ;)

I have no idea about the lash killer kits.

Reaction score
Country
Was reading it up from suppliers too that there not for VCT/NVCS (tomei).. so not sure cause i really want to get them.

so how high can you rev now with the cams and stoppers??

D

dns15

i think once u install tomei cams vvt goes away on that?
not sure on this one
but i dont think rocker arm stopper does anything to the engine performance
friend has one and i cant tell the difference in performing
planning to get one too scary when u consistantly thrashing it

Reaction score
my engine internals/head are still pretty much standard so the rev limit has only been raised a bit. from memory it is either 7500 or 7750.

Reaction score
Country
Humm i think i'll get a set of RAS and put them on..
I think i better be safe then sorry, as there relatively cheap to buy anyway.

VCT/Nvcs does it make much of a performance difference?

have heard people getting better performance gains without and running bigger cams.

Reaction score
dns15 said:
i think once u install tomei cams vvt goes away on that?
If you get the Tomei Poncams, you can use your standard valve springs and still retain your VCT/NVCS.

If you go a step bigger and get the Tomei ProCams you will need to upgrade your valve springs, which means that your VCT/NVCS will wear out and die.