What's new

my day...

Reaction score
as some of you may know, i've been floating about here for a couple weeks..... and.... i went to view an S15 today! MY GOD it's one of the best conditions i've seen one in!

no dings at all! the only thing i noticed was a chip on the boot that'd been touched up! but nothing major!

sooooo, deposit paid, it's being uk registered, MOT'd and taxed and a cat'1 alarm fitted this week, and should have it either this week or next!

oh, and for people saying wouldn't be impressed with one.... SOOO SOOO wrong!!! LOL

brand new tein coilovers, nismo oil pres' gauge, factory boost gauge, blitz turbo timer, HKS exhaust, Apexi filter , blitz dump valve and..... white volk TE37s!!! :D

can't wait now!!! :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looks very nice. :)
Ming are you seeing this? Go get some white wheels now mate :thumbs:

The aero front bar looks dead sexy.
Bet you can't wait. You're lucky you only have to wait a few weeks. I had to wait several months :(

Reaction score
haha, got a call from ming the other morning, just telling me of certain things to look for.

he's already tried to have the wheels and front bumper off me... lol

you're right, i really can't wait now! :D

basically, it'll be ready end of the week... so all depends on how fast i can source the rest of the cash! :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
you :rant: ...
hey check which alarm they gonna put on it aswell mate...well iam gonna get the aero bumper aswell soon it will be a copy but i dont mind iam hoping to get the rear splats aswell if theys anyone that want just the rear splats let me know see if i can get my frd to do a group buy or something
o yeh as them to keep the jap plate aswell loks cool if u dont want it give it to me :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That look really good. :) The wheels will sit in the arches, so drop it a bit more (remembering, of course, that it'll need all the other suspension components sorting)... :nod:

Reaction score
Very nice looking car :cool: It looks familar as well, did you get this from Prodrift or somthing? I think I came across this on autotrader... ;)

I want the front bumper too :mad:

Reaction score
yea it's from prodrift, not ireland.

i'll be the first owner other than the jap' one of course! :)

low miler at only 38,000miles! :)

Reaction score
but i had the advantage of being able to go see the car and drive it before buying it!

where as most, if not all of you lot brought your cars blind from a piece of paper and some pictures!

i really just can't wait now!!! lol

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
me too let me know where u live so i can steal ur wheels and ur bumper iam sure u wont notice if i replace them with my ones hey :D .....

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nice car mate :thumbs:

Glad you went about buying your car the "real" way :D

Enjoy :wave:

:EDIT: What size are your wheels?

Reaction score
yea, it's nice to be able to see the car and test drive before buying etc! :)

they're 17". 235 rears and 215 fronts.... i believe!

and ming NO NO NO! lol

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Dazz0i said:
yea, it's nice to be able to see the car and test drive before buying etc! :)

they're 17". 235 rears and 215 fronts.... i believe!

and ming NO NO NO! lol
I would guess 7J in the front and 8J in the back then :thumbs:

Reaction score
could possibly be, i'll check when the car gets delivered.

oh, i'm getting sooo impatient now! lol

nicely, you say to change other suspension components if i lower it more.... but, which parts are you refering too?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The standard alignment adjusters on S14s and S15s are pretty much at the limit to start with, unfortunately. If you've got camber adjustable coilovers, you will have enough adjustment to sort the front alignment, though some adjustable tension rods wouldn't do any harm. The rear, even if you've got adjustables, cannot be camber adjusted. You will almost certainly need adjustable rear camber arms to avoid running excessive negative camber (running on the edges of the tyres). If you are planning on slamming it (more than 30-35mm) then you will also need adjsutable rear toe arms. If the coilovers aren't adjustable, you will also need front camber bolts and tension roads.

The downside is that all that lot will cost. The upside is that your suspension will be much more adjsutable and your laser alignment place will love you as it makes their job much easier and quicker.

Reaction score
the front uppers are deff' camber adjustable. not sure on the rears, have to wait and see.

it's amazing how different cars are sooo different....for the same thing! rear toe arms weren't needed on the civic when dropped loads, just camber adjusters.

i'd also be correct in thinkin' the S14 suspension components are the same as the S15...?

basically, i'd be lookin' to get rear toe arms and front tension rods? i don't mind spending for the right stuff... the old civic had full camber adjustment... the money saved in tyres soon pays for parts!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The rears won't be camber adjustable. No-one does S14/15 rear camber adjustable coilovers nor pillowball mounts.

You'll probably be OK for the front. Only replace the front tension rods if standard adjustment isn't sufficient or you want to totally sort your suspension. At the rear you will 95% for certain need adjustable lower camber arms. By that I mean that 95% of the people who lower an S14/15 need them to get sufficient adjustment. If you lower aggresively, you will need rear adjustable toe arms too.

S15 suspension is the same as S14, except for spring and damper rates.

Reaction score
/me takes a look on apex performance, see what they can provide! :D

from lookin on their site, i'm thinkin, it'd just be worth while buying the full set for just under ?400????

also, don't SXOC get discount from apex???