What's new

dubious characters

Reaction score
ok, took my sil out to the country last night for a drive. Parked in a carpark by the beach to soak in some fresh air. Some guy cruises by slowly then enters the car park - parks a few spaces away. I then exit the car and walk to the end of the wharf. The guys waits until I'm on the wharf then does the same - :eek: I'm thinking to myself, "buddy, you're now seriously encroaching on my personal space". The guy then stands about a metre behind me, I say hi, but nothing. Ok, now you're wierding me out - especially as there's no one else around. I think to myself, "if you're gonna try and get my keys - only one of us is walking away intact". Rather than hang around and temp fate, I walk casually away. Guy follows :confused: :eek: I drive up the road to another park, guess what, the same car pulls in. Coincidence? I drive back the other way - guy follows :mad: Ok, now it's on. I drive down the windy beach road a few minutes, turn the car around and wait by a blind corner. Just as I see the lights approaching, I gas it in his direction. Before he could even react, I was gone. Lost him :thumbs:

Gees there are some wierdos out there. I can't leave my car anywhere and now I can't even escape the masses in my car without being stalked. :mad:

The guy was driving a Honda prelude - if it turned into a chase - he wouldn't have stood a chance :D

V

Vandal

I-nearly-bought-a-batty said:
ok, took my sil out to the country last night for a drive. Parked in a carpark by the beach to soak in some fresh air. Some guy cruises by slowly then enters the car park - parks a few spaces away. I then exit the car and walk to the end of the wharf. The guys waits until I'm on the wharf then does the same - :eek: I'm thinking to myself, "buddy, you're now seriously encroaching on my personal space". The guy then stands about a metre behind me, I say hi, but nothing. Ok, now you're wierding me out - especially as there's no one else around. I think to myself, "if you're gonna try and get my keys - only one of us is walking away intact". Rather than hang around and temp fate, I walk casually away. Guy follows :confused: :eek: I drive up the road to another park, guess what, the same car pulls in. Coincidence? I drive back the other way - guy follows :mad: Ok, now it's on. I drive down the windy beach road a few minutes, turn the car around and wait by a blind corner. Just as I see the lights approaching, I gas it in his direction. Before he could even react, I was gone. Lost him :thumbs:

Gees there are some wierdos out there. I can't leave my car anywhere and now I can't even escape the masses in my car without being stalked. :mad:

The guy was driving a Honda prelude - if it turned into a chase - he wouldn't have stood a chance :D
Are you sure he was after your car? :ghey: Similar thing happened to a mate of mine, who stopped by the river for a bit of a EMO moment, and got propositioned by some guy. You may have parked your car in the wrong place.

Reaction score
Nah, it wasn't one of those places. Too far out of town for that I would have thought. I don't know what his deal was but it wasn't normal behaviour.

eek eek eek eek eek! (u know the horror movie sound I mean)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Dodgy :ghey:

Have to agree with the guys here, dont sound like he even noticed your car :wave:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Scary stuff.

If he would go all * "I've got these cheeseburgers" I would definetly make a run for it.

* from the motion picture Ghetto Blaster

Reaction score
Gees, if that's the case, I'd feel sorry for his ex boyfriends...

after the break up he'd be rustling in the bushes at night, peeking through windows, tailing the couple in his car (no pun intended)

some people can't take a hint... if someone is avoiding you, chances are they don't want you to follow. Looks like bunny boilers operate in both camps eh

mind you, in all fairness, my lycra batman suit, rainbow coloured leg warmers and WHAM blasting on the stereo may have given him the wrong idea :eek:

ps I'm joking, I promise. It was pet shop boys on the stereo :D . Now where's my handbag, I'm sure I left my bubble bath in there :D

Nah guys, I'm kidding....guys? Guys? Hello?

S

S15R

dont let this happen again

alot of ppl here got carjacked with a gun :mad:

V

Vandal

^^

Damn, didn't know Sydney was that bad :eek: . At least it would encourage some fast(er) driving.

Soon you won't be able to go to the shops without some homie bricking up your car and steeling your mags :D

Reaction score
car jacking in NZ is not very common. I do know of people that lock their doors once they enter their cars though. I suppose the only problem there is that if you're in an accident, they can't get you out.

Still, it makes you think - you can spend mega bucks securing your car, but all it takes is for some low life to pull a gun or knife on ya and you have to hand over your keys (or if you're kung fu equipped) an ass kickin!

enjoy your car as much as you can and don't let the fear of lowlifes dictate that.