What's new

Does any have experience to tune sr20det???

A

Albert

So, I want to make rebore my engine. And to install CP or JE pistons.
Need I install Eagle Rods or it's just when you use the engine in high RPM (>8k rpm)??
Ofcouse metall gasket 1.2mm....

What else need I install??? Valve springs, Titanium Retainer Kit, rocker arm kits????

crankshaft and camshaft will be stock I think....this will be next step =)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not a clue, mate :(

If you don't get an answer here, try in the S14 Tech section on SXOC. People have knowledge of this on there :)

A

Albert

Nicely said:
Not a clue, mate :(

If you don't get an answer here, try in the S14 Tech section on SXOC. People have knowledge of this on there :)

what about URL? ;)

M

mongoose

Hi Albert,

I don't have personal experience but I've a friend who's done this.. bear in mind tho lots of ppl have different opinions when it comes to doing up engines.. anyways...

If you want your SR20DET to support anywhere from 350 to 600 hp, it's best to get up to 2.1l. I think you will need 87.0 mm forged pistons for that. I understand in Japan some use Z32 factory pistons to achieve this as well. 1.2 mm metal gasket too. It's important to have the right camshafts - HKS 264s seem popular. Uprated valve springs go along with them. Tomei poncams are convenient drop-in stage one cams but I don't they they provide enough lift for more than 400 hp. Conrods seem to be necessary for higher rpm, as are rocker arm stoppers, but I would personally skip these to keep costs down. If you stay with stock conrods, be sure also to change to fresh conrod bearings (Nismo makes them). Factory crankshaft is ok.

It's quite important to have the boring done properly. Forged pistons expand/contract more than factory cast units and if bored out of tolerance you can have piston slap when engine is cold.

For all the above on a used SR20DET, I had a quote at around USD 4000 before shipping, but this also includes upper block port and polish job... hope this helps you :p