What's new

exhaust bracket ?

K

kieran

can anyone tell me if the s15 has an exhaust bracket like the s14 to old the elbow to the gearbox? im about change yet another gasket (3 in 3 months) the last being a geniune nissan jobbie, and wonder if it due to something like this missing cos my car doesnt have one?

thanks in advance guys

K

kieran

lol thanks nicely, and damn damn damn....... gotta take the turbo off again....and find another bracket......and not take al the skin off my hands doing it this time lol

K

kieran

nicely your a top man,........ i dont spose you want to be on top of my christmas list and sell me your old one?
:notworthy:

if it helps sway ya please please fell sorry for me, i gave up smoking 1 month ago and am really feeling it roght now and to top it off my missus has put me on a poxy cabbage diet cant eat anything but cabbage soup........im sooooo hungry and need nicoteen lol, also i have no skin on one nuckle from fittig lambo doors to a civic and busted another finger doing the same car and it took 2 1/2 hours today to get to work cos someone stoved their clio into the back of another car and then the clio caught fire :eek: i hope the peeps got out ok......

anyways...are you feeling sorry for me yet lol :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not on the elbow. If its anything like the 14a, there is a reinforcing bracket for the turbo to stop the mani from cracking.

Not sure if I've still got the bracket. Got the whole exhaust (ready to rent out for ESVAs :D), but not sure about the bracket...

A

Anonymous

right got the car on the ramp tonight and i definatly do not have anything bracing the elbow, now can anyone tell me for sure if there should be one and if so if it the the same as say the s14/s14a items? or a part number so i can approach nissan and shit myself.....you know how it is the smaller and more trivial the part the more money they charge lol

if its a ridig part ie no rubber mounting points like the one near the cat they ill attempt to make something up myself just wanna make sure theres noting i could do wrong :thumbs:

thanks, kieran :wave:

J

Justified

Description - Mounting Assy-
Part number - N*2071193F00
Price - $21.65 AUD
Where - Nissan :cool:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've still got mine if you want it. The downpipe/cat mounting bracket... Let me know the UK Nissan price and I'll let you have it for half price delivered. :)

Somehow I doubt its ?9.30 over here...

K

kieran

thanks nicely, i found out the one you show in the pic above is on my car but i dont have one on the elbo to gear box, you dont have that one do you?

K

kieran

ah see looking at that pic, i am missing the dano bit and the bracket that it attaches too :eek:

to top it off the exhaust has split so bad that tonight my ne water pipe i put on the other week has fecking split :mad:

so now i gotta find a both brackets from somewhere :cry:

i wonder if they arethe same as the s14, thatll make it easier to find

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That bracket won't fit. Its an S14a one. The turbo elbow is smaller on the S14a due to the extended downpipe with the second cat in. Therefore the downpipe/elbow join in closer to the turbo than the S14/15.

Dano does an S14 bracket

Not sure about this though. It connects to the gearbox, and the gearbox is wider on the S15...

K

kieran

thats the one, damn, i need one, i tbought essentially the gear box was the same as the s14/s14a just the internals were different?

may have to try one cos i cant keep going like this lol :D