What's new

Help with the Skyline

J

Jono

Can any of you suggest a way to fix this problem?

The wiring connector that clips to the AFM on the Skyline (R34-GTT) doesn't 'clip' anymore as the clip snapped off (me and my big fingers!)

Anyway - now it simply sits in place and every now and then we have a problem with the conection which puts the car into slow-mode. But getting a new clip from Nissan is a no-no, I have to get a whole wiring loom ( :rotfl: ).

Do you guys have a solution or perhaps know where I can source a salvage clip from. GTR OC are not very forthcoming with help on these kinds of issues :rolleyes:

H

Hank S15

I believe you can order the connectors @ your Nissan dealer.

They`re not that expensive... just rewire the old one to the new one.

J

Jono

Jono said:
getting a new clip from Nissan is a no-no, I have to get a whole wiring loom ( :rotfl: ) :rolleyes:
Tried Nissan. I did have it taped up with electrical tape but that didn't work. Will buy a reel of Gaffer and try that then but any other ideas on connectors? I'd rather have a fix than a bodge (especially as it's her car!)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I would say your only options are going to be to try a get a plug off a breaker and splice the wires or try to transfer the pins (good luck).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The breakers in Ireland have various skyline on there website - R34 GT

They are sure to have the connectors, then just d as Nicely said and join it to your wires :thumbs:

P

paulphot

Failing that you could probably take the car to an auto electrician and he could probably match the plugs or replace both sides with something else. Just another option. :p