What's new

Race Performance Ltd / Race.Fi introduction

R

Race.Fi

Race.Fi: 6spd shifter and Vems Wideband £269 incl. shipping

Hi everyone on s15oc! I am Willem from Race Performance Ltd. We operate in Finland selling performance and tuning parts for Japanese and European cars. We have been in business since 2006, and are now slowly reaching out to the European market. We are distributors in Finland for brands like D2, Black Diamond, Cusco, Vems and Stri. The list of brands goes a long way, but those are the Big 5 for us.

I came across your club while surfing the internet last Sunday and immediately decided to drop a few lines to your admins to see if we can start being a part of this community. Nicely was kind enough to send me a very quick reply and we got the basics covered pretty fast.

Our speciality are the 200sx s13 and s14 chassis cars, as our staff members have a few of those. I think we can catch up with the ins and outs of the s15 pretty soon and get you guys some nice package deals you can consider. Here are a few examples of the popular products at least in Finland:

Vems WBO2 with EGT
We stock this unit all the time as it's one of the best items both for us from a business point of view, and our customers as far as functions and price are concerned. The price we quote for the complete package with a 6mm EGT probe is 299€ incl.vat + shipping, which should be pretty competitive.

D2 coilovers for 200sx S15 The msrp is a lil high, but we will have a nice discount starting in two weeks, you might want to check back at that time.

Stri gauges These have been pretty popular in Finland. Im not sure whether the S14 steering column gauge pod fits the S15, but i trust you guys will fill me in on this one?

The S15 suspension parts This is a listing for general suspension parts. The newest addition are the control arms which should be pretty decently priced. The trouble at this time is that we do not have all of them in stock.

To sum it up, we are a small company from Finland. We definitely dont have the largest stocks or the cheapest prices, but in turn we are motivated to do more than just take a look at the catalog and say "not available, have a nice day". Drop us a line for fun or for parts you need.
We also have non-tuning spare parts available, obviously none of the catalogs recognise the S15 tough. With some digging i think we can get a decent setup of those for you too.

I think this about as good as an introduction comes off my head. I encourage you to ASK and make questions, we do have about 150 different brands available in total - the difficult part is to list everything. All our prices include vat, and are in €.

Update on vems WBO2 gauges
We have doubled the minimum order of the Vems so that we get to put up some more competitive prices on it. This means that for a while we will have some overstock on these sets.
To get this new stock rotating like it should, the international economy shipping for the Vems wideband is now a nice, round amount, 0€.
The Vems WBO2 gauge is listed at 299€ / 269£ including vat and shipping. The shipping is free to anywhere in Europe.

The Vems WBO2 is a 52mm gauge capale of displaying both the exhaust temperature and AFR at the same time with digits. The set also includes the Bosch wideband sensor and the EGT thermocouple so this set requires no additional purchases of any kind to get it working. We have a few of these in stock, and the new stock will be arriving on probably wensday. There is also quite some info about the gauge on our website so take a read there and feel more than free to ask us anything you like as that is partly why we are here =)
Direct link to the product: Vems WBO2

S15 6spd shifters for 49€
Seems like this needs to be summed up too as the conversation has already had a few branches by PM's and email.

So, we have a 6spd C's style shifter available for 49€. We are going to get a few items tested by some volenteers from the forum (thaks a lot guys, you make our lives a lil easier!). If the shifters turn out to be a decent bang for the buck we will stock a lot of those for a nice swift delivery. If there are rattles then you will at least know what you are buying, as some of you might even tolerate a few rattles or apply some duct tape to get rid of it for the price of 49€ (44£).

Race Performance Ltd / Race.Fi
- Willem

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Tervetuloa foorumi! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Race are now Contributing Traders on here and are not too far from Helsinki, so if anyone wants me to go an check anything out, I'm sure something can be arranged :)

R

Race.Fi

We are going to get some quick shifts for the S15 6spd into stock on our next flight order. The quality is still something we want to confirm before sending them out to all over Europe but I would like to get some input by pm's/email info@race.fi or this thread to see how many of you guys would be interested so we can get them into stock nice and early.
I'm not asking anyone to sign up on buying one, i just want to see if we need 5, 50 or 500 of those so we don't run out of them on the first day we get them into stock.

The price for the 6spd shifter will be 49€,which is ~44£. It does include vat.
Shipping is likely in the 20€ range, but we are working on getting some cheaper freights as those play big roles in getting the small packages out to our customers. We dont charge for handling or packing, just the actual costs.

We already have some stock on the 5spd version, the link to it can be found in the previous post i made. The cost is the same, 49€.
For you guys who like to pull the stick hard, we have an uprated version available with aluminum bushings. The bushes are 20€, but we need to get them made by a local workshop, that will take a few working days. The bushes are not listed in the webshop, but you can just mention it on your order and we will update your order.

As for payment, we can now also take PayPal which should be a lil easier than a SEPA or IBAN bank transfer =)

-Willem / Race.Fi

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hello and welcome to s15oc :wave:

i'd have a 6spd quick shifter for that price if it does the job well - the 5spd items dont fit and the ones that you can get suffer from a terrible rattling at certain revs so if this one is any better i'll take one :) do you know if it will be based around the comrade c's shifter at all as this is the only one i know of available for s15.
many thanks:thumbs:

R

Race.Fi

Hi Dean! Thanks for the welcome :wave:

The shifter is based on the C's version, we are going to get these tested to see if they fit properly or make any rattles.
I will make a little photo review here when they arrive.

I was thinking of having a 5spd shifter style shifter made for the 6spd, but that is just a thought at this time as i dont have an s15 to even start with here in Finland.
There are supposed to be a few Finnish guys here on the forum too, if one you wants to be our guinea pig then give us a call! A free shifter in exhange for a few hours of getting your hands dirty =)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
then i'm certainly interested and will look out for them - the c's are silly exspensive as most things these days....... it will be nice if they have the chromed/polished shaft like the c's too - my gaiter has a tear in it so with this i could push it down to hide it :).

Reaction score
Yeah I would 100% be up for this! Im sure youll get a few more too!! :thumbs:

I would also love to be the guinea pig... if only i lived in Finland!! lol

R

Race.Fi

Hi there Dean and C1!

If we don't get a Finnish guy to sign up the we can also work with someone a little more far away. The thing is, i'd like a Finnish piggie as it's simply a lot faster and easier to go over things in a native language. English is not a problem for us, but native is always native.

The stick is chromed, but i havent seen it with my own eyes yet so cant really tell you if you can comb your hair while looking at it ;)

R

Race.Fi

Thenk you everyone for your input, makes me really feel like kinda welcome here!

Nicely, you should really join me or maybe Marcus on a Finnish meet! Not too many S15's over here, but i think that with some luck you could even get to "refresh your memories" with an S15. Most people have very nice english in the meets, so you should blend in easily =)
Seems like we're gonna have to take quite some of those 5spd shifters into stock. The 5spd ones are almost out too, i think we need like 30 or 50 of those now.

Are you guys intrested in the Vems wideband by the way? We just upped our minimum purchase from the factory and are getting quite some overstock of these next week. The price is 299€ which should be pretty decent even compared to the UK prices which i scouted quickly.

First things first, let get these 6spds tested.
Marcus, you just got a PM, ready your camera =)

And last but not least, have a nice weekend everyone!
-Willem

R

Race.Fi

I edited the first post in this chain with a summarum about what is going on with the shifter, and the Vems offer which is now 299€/£269 including shipping. We now have two guys to test the shifter, thanks again both of you for standing up to test these!

EDIT: Am i just blind like usual, or isnt there really a way to change the thread title? I would'v made it a little more descriptive about the shifter and the vems offer but didnt find a way to do that =)

Last edited:
J

jimmy_bob

Hey welcome to S15 OC, please please please send me a pm wen the short shifters are avalianle to buy. Thanks

R

Race.Fi

Thank you Jimmy!

I will _try_ to remember to drop you a line. To be honest tough, at this time of the year we are pretty busy, and already have quite a load of those yellow post-it stickers on the walls and displays. So, in case i forget to notify you, don't take it personally as this is simply a busy season for us.

Just in the next month we are having promotions on D2 coilovers for 699€, D2 brakes promotion, Black Diamond brakes promo and setting up for retailers in Finland (just acquired the distributorship from our joint venture which we ended). Then we will also move to a new bigger warehouse at the end of the month, we need to do things like get new internet connections, make the phones work etc. I guess my point is that a post-it sticker might just get lost in the storm.

I don't have a certain eta for the shifters yet, but i will certainly post in this topic when they are being tested and what the result was. If you like, you can also join us on facebook where we will update our status on such things. Currently most fans are Finnish and the conversation over there is Finnish, but in case there are more than a few international members there i am glad to start writing things in English over there. We use facebook to let people know what is happening etc, shifters are one of those things we like to update over there.

I also have this dilemma in my hands: if the shifters prove to be more than a good bang for the buck and we only take 10, then we are losing sales due to not having stock - but - if the shifters are not that fancy and i take a lot of them into stock so they would be readily available, we are also throwing money away :p
Guess we just need something in between, not too many and not too few either.

Have a nice day everyone!

R

Race.Fi

There have been quite some inquiries about the contents of the vems package, so here are a few high-res images of the vems so you can see what it contains.

I apologize for the size, but i had to choose between a big image or an image that would not serve the purpose of descriing the contents of the kit.

and an other one:

We have a good stock of these now, and international deliveries are currently free for the vems.

We also have a rather big promotion going on on the suspension and brake side of things. Coilovers are for 699€ (~£615) and brakes are on offer for 1125€ / £990. You can surf the website for more info if you like.

As always, please feel free to ask even the questions you things would be stupid because in reality the only real stupid question is the one that is not asked at all :nod:

I have a happy update as far as general business is concerned too. We bought a new warehouse just near by, and are moving in within 4 to 6 weeks as soon as we put some new paint on the walls and tidy things up a bit.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
vems kit looks amazing mate - wish i hadn't bought the aem now........good to hear business is going well - any update on the shifters at all? :)

R

Race.Fi

The shifters are shipping here within a week or so, will get them tested when they arrive. Last time we had some real bad luck with our shipment as the Chinese customs took it into a 3-week-long inspection. We also had some misplaced items like an fpr in an intake manifold box - luckily we spotted those as the fpr didnt really belong there =)

Well, gotta keep pushing in order to stay ahead. The new warehouse offers more space and two exists so one can be used for customers and the other one for shipping. We are also expanding the sales of spare parts for regular vehicles so we really need the space. Tuning and Performance are our main business, but spares go a long way hand in hand as one who needs a timing belt usually shops for a tensioner and guide too.

The AEM is a good box Dean, the Vems is just an other option :)

Time for me to get some sleep. :yawn: