What's new

Open Event: MissBanzai London Charity Tunnel Run - Sat 13th March 2010

L

Lou-Lou

Can't see this has been posted on here yet? Mods/Admin hope this is okay :)

Back again for 2010, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

*** Note this is for Japanese cars only -no exceptions.. non Jap cars will be refused entry **

The run will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 13th March from 9.30pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site. There will be no entry to the site after 10.30pm.

Please register your attendance by visting www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010 and donating your £5.00 entry fee. (Please put user name & club in the comments). Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, Royal London Hospital Kidney Patients Association. This charity was chosen as one of our members who raised extra donations last time has had to undergo a transplant -so we thought it was a good way of showing our appreciation for their help last time!

In comments please put your club name & forum user name -nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night -there *may* be a limited number of maps on the night BUT this is NOT guaranteed).

-Please arrive at the arena at 9.30pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena. There will be a £1 cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.

-Payments for maps can only be taken up to 13:00 on 13th March on the Just Giving site. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AFTER THIS TIME or you will not be included on the list of maps for us to allocate on the night! If you do not pay you are not guaranteed a map.

-Entry is £5 for a map (prepay on Just Giving) and £1 per person in cash on the gate to the arena on the night to cover the arena costs.

-This event is for Japanese cars only.. nothing else! There will be marshalls on the gate.

-Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

-You will need to bring sat nav / London A-Z for when you get lost. A passenger / map reader is also a must!

Sky Insurance will be awarding two prizes on the night for the best turned out car of the evening. The prizes could be awarded to any Jap cars from Civics to Skylines... so get polishing!!! Prizes to be confirmed

Hope to see some of you there! Any questions, please drop a mail to missbanzai@googlemail.com or post your questions here! We had approx 300 cars from various different Jap car clubs along last time, so make sure you come along and be part of it and help raise some cash for a worthy cause!!

Pics from last time here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1267...mp;l=53a8a9af8b

Reaction score
-Please arrive at the arena at 9.30pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena. There will be a £1 cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.
Is this the same entrance that was used last time?

We had massive issues getting through the entrance in my mates PS13... exhaust, bumpers and even the sideskirts got stuck on the rough ground!

L

Lou-Lou

:D Will see some of you there :)

Is this the same entrance that was used last time?

We had massive issues getting through the entrance in my mates PS13... exhaust, bumpers and even the sideskirts got stuck on the rough ground!
Yep same entrance.. if he had issues he must be stupid low.. I didn't hear of anyone having any issues.. tell him he's :ghey: and needs to raise his ride height to less stupid levels! :whip:

Reaction score
Haha, yus it is rather low.

We'll be there either way! :) The last one was a great laugh

L

Lou-Lou

Not long to go now..! Remember if you want to come along to the run, you will need to send over a £5 donation to our nominated charity via Just Giving (accepts paypal and debit / credit cards) here:[URL="http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010%5B/URL%5D"]www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010[/URL]. By making a donation to the nominated charity, this will get your name on our list to be entitled to a route map of the run on the night.

**Note that this event is for Japanese cars only.. anyone turning up in anything else will be turned away, no exceptions.. so please do not try!!**

We have now received confirmation from Sky Insurance that they will be presenting a bottle of champagne and £30 of high street shopping vouchers to the best car of the evening & a box of chocolates and £20 of high street shopping vouchers to the runner up of the evening! -Both prizes donated & judged by Sky Insurance).

There will also be a prize for 'Best Kept' car of the evening, to be judged by www.Route66Bodyworx.com.. so get polishing! Winner will be donated a bottle of Smartwax!! (www.smartwax.com) -Prize donated & judged by Route66 Bodyworx.

Please make sure that you arrive at the arena at 9.30pm to make sure you have time to get in, park up, have a look at all the cars and collect your map.

So what are you waiting for.. get those names down asap! www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010%5B/B%5D

Any questions, please let me know :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
If I can get my car back on the road for this I'll be there.

The organised chaos of last year was fun.

Any chance the maps can be released before the event, even if it the saturday morning?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm quite tempted too, it's just quite a long way!

I've just read the info but have not been to it before, so don't really know what goes on. Can anyone speak from past experience? What time do people tend to leave?

Reaction score
Ive been a couple of times now, this location is FAR better than the previous and can accommodate alot more people!

It tends to go on for a long time and people dont leave till quite late! I didnt get home untill 4.30am last time!

You WILL get lost but it doesnt matter because within 10 seconds youll see a line of other jap cars that have gone the same route as you!! :wack: lol

L

Lou-Lou

The basic plan is..

Pay your £5 (per car) on the Just Giving link I posted, this will be the list we use to hand out the maps

Get to the arena for about 9.30pm and pay £1 per person on the gate -this goes to paying the hire of the arena for the evening.

Once in the arena, come and find myself and Lisa (we should have lit up pink balloons, so should be easy to find!). Have a wander round and look at the cars.. and there will be people judging prizes as per my previous post. There will be tea / coffee etc at the arena.

Once all the maps are sorted, we'll start sending out groups of cars, so make sure you arrive and park up with the people you want to be driving out on the run with :)

We'll then do the run (which works out as about 40 miles from the arena in Essex to the end point in central London. You can stop off on the way as much or as little as you like.. if you don't stop off at all, it will probably end about 2am.. but it's quite nice to stop off on the way to chat to some of the other people on the run :)

Any other questions give me a shout :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Who is actually going to this tonight?

I missed the sign up time, but I might pop down and see what's going on anyway as I'm 5 mins away.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I'm going mate! Spent all day cleaning the car lol
Did u make this mate?

I got there at 21:30 and left about 23:00.

Didn't make it past the A13 due to issue with the car that made me decided to head home before it even began for me :-(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What was up with it mate? I assume you got through the MOT ok the other day without the cat? :)