What's new

tripleJs15 Dyno'd on e85 at 29psi (Dynojet)

T

tripleJs15

Maxded the injectors out, so we stopped at 584whp, will swap out and try again later this summer, going to enjoy the car a little till then.

T

tripleJs15

Tomei and supertech head, CP Pistons and new rods, bearing etc on the bottom end.

e85 is actually pretty good, there were no pinging at all while tuning, but we didn't really push it!

Reaction score
Cool,

I know theres a massive thread on sxoc about e85 but whats actually involved? Is it cost effective / worth it?

T

tripleJs15

I did it the economical whay, Walbro in tank with a Bosch 044 inline, I plumbed a new feed and re-used the stock return. The injector selection for your HP goals need to be 40% larger and a good 1:1 FPR liike Aeromotive or Fuelab is required.

The benefits, well 584whp, not even a slight ping or knock, works great to me.

You can read about to fuel and its cooling benefits, its vaporizes and mix well with the air in the combusion chamber etc, but the proof is in the pudding really.

Reaction score
Thanks, so theres not that much involved then!? How much did it all cost if you dont mind me asking? Also do you need to have it mapped to suit the new fuel?

Sorry for all the questions, its just something I dont know much about

Reaction score
yeah, just a total of everything you need to do the convertion really. Do you need different injectors then?

T

tripleJs15

On injectors standard is fine, however you need 30-40% more fuel when using e85, therefore if you are running 1000cc for you HP goal, add 40% more cc's to that.

In US $
Lines and fittings: $100
Pumps: Walbro Intank 255L Kit $110
Bosch 044 $195
FPR: Aeromotive A1000 $185
Inline Filter: Aeromotive $95

$