What's new

Dash > Stereo removal

J

Jono

How do I remove the dash to get to the stereo fixings? I need to get the old system out but I'm not sure how! :eek:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
first you have to remove the bit around the gearstick. Is secured by plastic clips so don't be to violent.
With that bit of look at the front of the hole you just created. There may be 2 screws there. unscrew those.

Then I can't remember. I think it should pop off now.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
1. Lift the central gearstick surround (the shiny silver bit with the gear layout). This lifts from the end closest the the central console pocket. Press your fingers into the gaiter and under the edge of the surround and pull. Unclip the leather gaiter and lift over the gear nob.

2. There are two screws holding the stereo/climate control surround down behind the gearstick. Undo these. Unclip this surround by lifting it from where you lifted the other surround. Once unclipped, this should lift forward and over the gearstick. There is ample switch wiring to allow it to be moved into the passenger leg space.

3. Undo the four screws holding the climate control in and lift it out and into the driver's footwell.

4. You will see the stereo is attached to a double frame. Undo the remaining top two screws holding it in. The frame will now lift out.

J

Jono

I can tell my Saturday is gonna be just FILLED with fun :rolleyes:

Thanks for the directions - I'll take pics when I do all this and post them on this thread for future reference.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its actually dead simple. Takes about two minutes after the first time. :)

This may give you some insight... You don't need to take the gear knob off.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
On a side note, i didnt have those screw shown above :no:, so my gear and stereo surround came off in a one'r :thumbs:

D

Derek

Its very easy to do. Done it way too many times now.. The heater control unit is held on wth four screws. unclip the wire going to back of it. also the flasher has a block connector the demister has a block connector and the cigarette lighter has two connections that need to be pushed in to remove. The outter surround is cliped in.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There is no need to fart about taking connectors off. There's loads of cable to keep them attached and bung the surround in the passenger footwell. :)

D

Derek

hah.. Mine would never reach. i always pull connectors if i was doing something worthwhile.

D

Derek

Mines not in single tube. all different groups of cables. a lot of its tied up and cleaned up with cable ties and tape..

J

Jono

No such drama with mine - went in the footwell as decribed! :wave:

Easy peasy! :thumbs: