What's new

Open Event: DWYB 2nd December

Reaction score
I have posted this up on sxoc but thought i would extend the invitation to yourselves :) the more s15's we can get the better :)

I'm going to DWYB on the 2nd december which is a wednesday, would be cool if we could get a group of us going. I have spoken to a few of you already but anyone else interested?

normal price is £60 for the day. If for some reason you decide to go and can't make the event they don't do refunds but they give you credit so you can do another day of your choosing so you don't loose out.

I have spoken with the organiser and he is a very sound bloke.

He said if you have never drifted the car before then dwyb is the ideal place to go. DWYB days have 5 tracks: 3 play pens for practicing donuts and figure eights, a kidney track, as well as the European Drift Championship track from 2008, this is the advanced track.

Also loads of people to give you pointers and any help you need from marshals to the organiser himself.

It's only the cost of a tank of fuel and i know xmas is around the corner but it's only £60

is anyone up for this then?

so far people who have shown interest are:

Red indicates payment received

1.me (s15)
2.tooley (s15)
3.baynz (s15)
4.JameS15 (s15)
5.Dazz150 (s14)
6.LuPix_S15 (s15)
7.Sky69 (s13)
8.RapidSXI (s13) 1/2 day
9.mags200 (s13) 1/2 day

any information you need regarding the DWYB day can be found here http://www.dwyb.co.uk/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Coool 3 S15s already attending!! I spoke to Lex at Japshow and told him id be there when I get my S15. Its arriving about 2 weeks before (17th-19th Nov) so as long as the car is sound and if there is a place left ill be there! Already started collecting 16" rubber :thumbs:

Reaction score
Coool 3 S15s already attending!! I spoke to Lex at Japshow and told him id be there when I get my S15. Its arriving about 2 weeks before (17th-19th Nov) so as long as the car is sound and if there is a place left ill be there! Already started collecting 16" rubber :thumbs:
cool can i chuck your name down then dude? would be great to meet up with some fellow s15 owners :)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it would! Ill check with work tomorrow mate and if I can get the Wednesday off then ill put my name down! Do I ring Santapod to pay?

Reaction score
hmmm im seriously thinking about this! I would love to do it just dont know if ill have £60 at that time!?

Reaction score
hmmm im seriously thinking about this! I would love to do it just dont know if ill have £60 at that time!?
Sort the cash out now and then you don;t have to worry closer to the time :)

Reaction score
I just assumed everyone knows what DWYB is, if you don't there is now a link in the first post giving you all the information you need :)

Reaction score
£60 quid is nice. Don't forget tyres though :)
If we can get 9 people in total and i have quite a few people interested now then we can get the price down to £54 each :)

Are you up4 the day mate?

Reaction score
I need to buy/get tyres :nod: but sounds good. Let me see how the next week goes

Reaction score
I need to buy/get tyres :nod: but sounds good. Let me see how the next week goes
Yea gotta get me some tyres also. Cool i've added you to the list. There's a fair few said they are coming now so it's looking good :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I know I shouldn't because I'm going on track @ Oulton Park 6th Nov so that'll be a set of tyres and stuff already to spend the month before but feck it, I love my drifting so simply can't resist lol :)

I went to DWYB about a year ago in October 2008 - it's a great place to learn and I'm ready for 2nd/3rd gear initiations on the double-kidney and EDC track hehe :D Obviously I'd be happy to help any newbies going and would be great to meet fellow 'S' owners (esp S15 ones of course)...

Do we book through yourself Richy or is it best to call Pod direct?

My advice would be to:

1. Get some cheap tyres onto a spare set of wheels for the rear so you can arrive and swap them over then go drifting (although Pod do offer a tyre changing facility - £5 per wheel IIRC).
2. Inflate the tyres to high PSI so you get less grip. Unless you plan on serious drifting for the experienced, there's no need to make everything more grippy at the backend - less grip is easier for beginners doing donuts and basic drift control (figure-of-eights etc).
3. Make sure the brakes are in tip-top working order. An easy oversight but constant hard braking as you learn to control the car means decent brakes can save you a lot of damage!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't because I'm going on track @ Oulton Park 6th Nov so that'll be a set of tyres and stuff already to spend the month before but feck it, I love my drifting so simply can't resist lol :)

I went to DWYB about a year ago in October 2008 - it's a great place to learn and I'm ready for 2nd/3rd gear initiations on the double-kidney and EDC track hehe :D Obviously I'd be happy to help any newbies going and would be great to meet fellow 'S' owners (esp S15 ones of course)...

Do we book through yourself Richy or is it best to call Pod direct?

My advice would be to:

1. Get some cheap tyres onto a spare set of wheels for the rear so you can arrive and swap them over then go drifting (although Pod do offer a tyre changing facility - £5 per wheel IIRC).
2. Inflate the tyres to high PSI so you get less grip. Unless you plan on serious drifting for the experienced, there's no need to make everything more grippy at the backend - less grip is easier for beginners doing donuts and basic drift control (figure-of-eights etc).
3. Make sure the brakes are in tip-top working order. An easy oversight but constant hard braking as you learn to control the car means decent brakes can save you a lot of damage!!
If you can do it through me only because we can get some further discount if we get 9 cars, not a major discount but would work out around £53 odd rather than £60 each. Basically the way it's working is if we get 9 people (9 cars) then he will give one place free (£60 off). So if we pool the money then just take the £60 off the total sum. He said he can;t adjust the cost of the tickets thats why its like this.

completely agree with you on them 3 points mate. Bringing tyres already on rims to fit you car will gove you a hell of alot more tracktime, save you at least £20. You won;t have to queue for tyres. The brakes have saved me 10 times over already, 4th gear 100mph manji's down brawdy airfield and then being unable to transition into 5th and spining lol.

Didn;t really bother with the inflating the tyres, i have 18x10jj and i have no trouble spinning the wheels up (depends on the car really and power your running) but like you said if you haven't got a brilliant diff and your a very beginner then yes inflate your tyres. What would you say for the guys to inflate them to? 40+ psi?

Just noticed people on the list... I know 'Bullerbristol' cos he's supposed to be buying my Yashio gauge off me lol??!! :wack:
Buller is a sound bloke mate, met him first when i sold my bride seat to him and then he was down llandow and brawdy, he's pretty good also. He's defo coming aslong as nothing goes wrong on the 7th as he's at llandow for the licensing day.

Quite like you car dude so would be great to see it in the flesh :) ill chuck your name down!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers dude!! I'll drop you PM with my contact number so you can call/text when you want the money paying etc :thumbs:

I'd say 40 psi is enough... I only inflated mine to about 38 the last time IIRC.

Yeah had a chat to Buller about the Yashio gauge and he mentioned about getting drift licence etc. Look forward to meeting him as well :)

I also do pro photography so will be there with all my gear getting some tasty shots of everyone else in on the action hehe :D

Reaction score
Cheers dude!! I'll drop you PM with my contact number so you can call/text when you want the money paying etc :thumbs:

I'd say 40 psi is enough... I only inflated mine to about 38 the last time IIRC.

Yeah had a chat to Buller about the Yashio gauge and he mentioned about getting drift licence etc. Look forward to meeting him as well :)

I also do pro photography so will be there with all my gear getting some tasty shots of everyone else in on the action hehe :D

Sweet dude, saw some of your pics before and read somewhere that you do photography :thumbs:looks good

Reaction score
woop woop me 2 ov course :p

u want me to pay for this for you? with the money i owe you for the rad?

Last edited: