What's new

Z32 afm

D

Derek

Just want to know a little bout them. I presume its an uprated Air flow meter? Does it just allow more Air into engine?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It REGISTERS more air going into the engine. If the ECU is only told about a certain amount of air flow, it can't adjust the fuelling if more air is entering the engine beyond that limit. The standard AFM will only be able to read the air flow up to around 300-310bhp before starting to max. Get a maxing AFM and you'll start running lean and getting det. The Z32 AFM will cope with air flow far beyond what you are likely to want to tune to.

A different AFM cannot be run without an additional fuelling computer like a PFC or Emanage.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
..............A different AFM cannot be run without an additional fuelling computer like a PFC or Emanage.
On this, i ran my Z32 MAF without having it mapped :rolleyes: soon came off (as i coulnt get it mapped at that time) it ran very rough, and i wouldnt suggest anyone to drive it like that :no:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's because that voltage the AFM supplies to the ECU telling it how much air is flowing is smaller than usual. The fuelling is then shot to pieces. You can set the AFM in the Emanage and it alters the voltage accordingly. Still needs mapping, but is good enough in the short term. Expect the PFC has something like this too...