What's new

Open Event: anyone going to japshow finale at the pod?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
just out of curiosity, i always seem to be the only s15 when i go to events and would like to know if i'll see any others there:D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Surely you can't be the only one lol - I've been to 4 major ones this year (2 @ Santa Pod)... met S15RKM at one and Tilly at the other :D

But not going to Jap Finale - gotta save the pennies for my next track day at Oulton ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
at bhp and bhp jap i was alone, at trax i thought i was alone but your car was hidden up in the paddock and i bumped into tilly but again never saw his car lol - just never seems to be an s150c stand except at jae....which i couldnt get to :(

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I won't be going but just wandering what sort of times you lot are getting up the strip? I love doing the strip so next year I'll be going to a few shows for sure, only had the s15 a month now, so will be wanting to take that up the strip :) used to drag my little renualt 5 GTT back in the day..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
at bhp and bhp jap i was alone, at trax i thought i was alone but your car was hidden up in the paddock and i bumped into tilly but again never saw his car lol - just never seems to be an s150c stand except at jae....which i couldnt get to :(
Yeah couldn't make BHP shows but they did look like decent events...

I only went to Trax on the Fri which was the Fast n Furious promo event so not the proper show day on the Sun :rolleyes:

I've tried a few times to get an S15OC stand together but looks like nobody's interested unless it's JAE which is not really my kinda show. I find it boring walking around looking at static cars all day. This year went to:

Japshow
Japanese Tuning Show (JTS)
Rotorstock 6
Ultimate Street Car (USC)

I like to be able to watch EDC/Time Attack, see some cars actually being put through their paces as well as getting my own 15 out there on track or on the strip :)

However USC was a washout and waste of money so not doing that one again lol... Rotorstock was ok but done it 2 years running so need to replace this one with a track based show next year.

Sooo... the ones I'm deffo doing in 2010 are:

Modified Live (Oulton Park - driiiifting)
Japfest (Castle Coombe - tracking)
JTS (Silverstone - tracking)
JDM Allstars (watch the driiiifting)

+ a few open pit track days and DWYB events ;)

I reckon the best chance we have of organising a stand next year outside of JAE is Japfest which is the first major Jap show of every year. Castle Coombe looks like a wicked track and I'd love to do a few laps hehe :cool:

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I won't be going but just wandering what sort of times you lot are getting up the strip? I love doing the strip so next year I'll be going to a few shows for sure, only had the s15 a month now, so will be wanting to take that up the strip :) used to drag my little renualt 5 GTT back in the day..
On stock performance setup you should be looking at low to mid 14 secs assuming reaction time is under 1 sec :)

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
hello james :wave:

i agree with you about static shows, they bore me too :nod:

i used to go to JAE when it was at billing as although static it was a car show, these days its more about the getting drunk then the cars.

i was going to pod on Sunday up till this morning, I'd even got the car on the HKS stand next to their drift s15,then i found out my hubby had made other plans:wack: :rotfl:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'll be there too, but will be leaving the silv tucked up at home! Don't like parking in muddy fields, so out with the italian exotica (Punto) :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
yeah Kimi know what you're saying... can't believe you were gonna get the car next to the drift spec 15!!! Gutted!!!

JameS15 and Craig - you guys had better make Japfest next year with your cars in attendance... and I don't mean Italian exotica Craig as fab as she sounds lmao :wack: :p

Reaction score
I'll be there in my Focus ST Orange S15.Planning to run it up the strip for the first time
Please come and say Hi if you see me