What's new

Fittings for FMIC piping- what do I need?

P

paulphot

Hi guys :wave: , hope you can shed some light for me, I have pre fabricated piping for my FMIC (alluminium 2 1/2 inch) but there are no fitting ports on it. What do I need seeing as I have a maunual boost controller, will be using the factory BOV for now and there are no other mods except for cat back exhaust. Do I just need the BOV port and the feed from the hot pipe for the MBC to attatch? There is a third hose on the factory piping which goes under the inlet plenum/inlet manifold somewhere. Do I need a port for this, what does it do or can I block the hose and not worry about a fitting for it? Sorry I can't post pics of what I'm on about at the moment, damn work computers.

Cheers :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I have all three on my pipe-kit. all mounted on the cold-pipe.
Don't know what that third is for either.

P

paulphot

Thanks mate, now I just need to work out how to actually mount it to the car, has anyone done a DIY install of a FMIC on their S15?

P

paulphot

Thanks Nicely, once again you are the man. What is the recirc for? does it balance the pressure in the pipe with what's in the intake manifold or something?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The recirc valve is where you'd fit a BOV. It does what a BOV does, but without the :ghey: sound and without venting to atmosphere. It also does it without the jerkiness that you get when lifting off/changing gear with a BOV, and without the overfuelling.

Many people change the recirc valve because its meant to leak around 1 bar. Many people have also never encountered this. I've recirced my SSQV BOV to get the efficiency of the BOV, but the smoothness and fuel efficiency of a recirc valve.

P

paulphot

Okay, I'm with you now, the brain has just icked into technical mode and all is well with the world again. Cheers Nicely.