What's new

Sigma Alarm System, Fried?

J

just_laze

Hello,

When i got into my car today, after unlocking it via my fob i turned the ignition and the car failed to start, beeping at me. Thinking the obvious, the battery, i tried folding out my electric mirrors, they made it about half way, heh.

So i charged up my battery for roughly 2 hours, then placed it back in the car to confirm that it was actually charging as i did not have a multimeter to confirm this.

I placed the battery in, unlocked via fob, locked via fob & unlocked again. The red light below the ignition was switched indicating the car is not imobilized and everything seemed normal. I put in the key, turned it and the car started.

I removed the battery and then realised that i hadn't locked the car via the key fob, i placed the battery into the car and as i did so the positive cable fell and connected with the positive part of the battery, i quickly removed it.

I attached the battery again, negative first, followed by positive and tried to lock the car, the lock did not work.

I opened the car door, put the key in the ignition the siren made a short noise and the car started, i repeated this, same effect.

When the car is running if i press my key fob the light below the ignition flashes, indicating it's receiving a signal. However, the car will not lock via the key fob, it does not respond to testing by holding the key fob down either.

I have tried my spare key fob, i have tried locking and unlocking with the key to bring the system back into 'sync', i have tried resealing the car by opening all doors, windows, boot, bonnet etc... and closing, no effect.

I'm beginning to think i've fried my alarm system, although i hope to god i haven't as i could barely afford the tax this month!!

Any ideas, is there a way to reset the alarm system to defaults do you think the alarm system has got itself mixed up?

Help?!

laze.

Reaction score
Check your central locking fuse... under drivers kickplate... theres a sticky Nicley made wit the fuses all in English... In the event that you cant be arsed to look for the fuse... as long as the passenger central locking soilnoid is factory still, if you push the lock from the inside on the drivers door the passenger door should also lock... if it doesnt then the fuse has gone... otherwise if the cars central locking has been completely rewired then there should be a fuse located somewhere along the new wiring...
But to do it right check the fuses... or all the fuses...
Coz from what you have described the alarm is arming jus not locking the doors...

J

just_laze

Right, i don't think it's arming for starters.

The red LED only flashes when i press my fob when the car is running, it does not respond when the car is turned off, there's no indication the fob is making contact with the alarm system.

I'll check the fuses.

J

just_laze

Ok i had a look at the fuse box, i couldn't see supplied tweasers so couldn't take out each individual fuse. As far as i can see from Nicely's diagram, none of them relate to the sigma alarm system anyway?

If i lock the car manually with the key, both the passenger and driver door lock, the same is true if i manually push the locking system while inside the car, so the central locking fuse seems fine.

Any other ideas?

The car starts perfectly fine, which suggests the alarm system is completely disabled because my car was configured to immobilise after 30 seconds of mobilising the vehicle and this clearly isn't happening, when i turn the ignition as mentioned i get a brief siren and the car starts.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If the CL is working independent from the alarm, it smacks that there is a problem with the alarm. Knowing how well some systems are plumbed, it may be a case of taking it to a Sigma dealer to get it checked over. They can usually just plug in a diagnostics thing into the alarm controller...

J

just_laze

Someone has suggested that it could be an in-line fuse on the alarm system itself... does anyone know where this fuse is?

laze.

Reaction score
the fuse should be on a wire spliced into your 12v constant under behind your steering column... if its installed correctlly everything should be wrapped in black electrical tape, and if the fuse aint poking out you should be able to see it in the tape (would look like a huge bulge)... but if the fuse had blown then if whole thing sould go into lock down and perminantly imobilse the car as the module wont be getting any power any thing...
What model sigma is it?