What's new

Missing Plastic bits!

J

Jono

Now this really IS a strange query...

I'm missing various clips and stuff on the S15. Noteably, the pop-pin type things that secure plastic parts in the engine bay (like the air-induction pipe for example) and even one plastic pin that secures the door trim to the door!

Most weird, bit I think I'm also missing some plastic covers that go on the steering wheel to cover over all the electronics inside - or is that area supposed to be exposed?

Do you need pictures to see what I'm on about or am I making sense?

Question is, can I get parts to replace these missing bits and if so, where from? :confused:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Steering wheel should be completely covered. You should have an air scoop (though mine was missing). I've got miscellaneous missing plastic clips. They're so shite that they break quite easily if removed.

You could try Eurosalvege initially. After that, its a special order via Perfectrun or Japanparts. The FAST parts database is your friend. :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The plastic clips should be available through a Nissan dealer.
Just take one which isn't broken with you and they should sort you out :thumbs:

Don't think they'll be to expensive. But it's Nissan, so you'll never now.

That reminds me. Have to get som plastic clips to. Some have broken and some have disapeared during the winter modding.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I was only thinking of ordering the replacment bits of trim rather than the clips. However, have you even taken a clip into Nissan and asked if they can get one the same? :eek: Part number? Chassis number? Where's it from? Etc. etc. There are also usually several varieties of the 'same' clips... I found this out when trying to get some replacement wheel arch locking clips.

J

Jono

I certainly can't imagine it'll be an easy job!

Perhaps I'll pinch some out of Emma's Skyline when she's not about ;)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm not even going to start on missing screws etc :rolleyes:..............

Well since you all asked :rolleyes:, tell me whats missing, 1st one to guess gets nothing :p

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I was only thinking of ordering the replacment bits of trim rather than the clips. However, have you even taken a clip into Nissan and asked if they can get one the same? :eek: Part number? Chassis number? Where's it from? Etc. etc. There are also usually several varieties of the 'same' clips... I found this out when trying to get some replacement wheel arch locking clips.
Darnit.
Surely the clips would be the same as for the S14? Or?

I just broke one for the plastic innerfender a couple of days ago :cry: