What's new

fixing minor scratches

A

alf13J

Hi all

first post in this forum. might be a n00b question or not. but i have a few scratches on my car nothing major. I jus want to see what the opinion is on how to fix scratches... ?

or is the best way to take it to a detailer or someplace to get it resprayed... seems quite drastic for a scratch the barely 10cm long.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

How deep is the scratch?
If it isn't deep, it might go away with some rubbing and a good rotating polishmachine.

A

alf13J

hey noticed that most of u guys are european.

thanx! for the welcome

um its not deep. its like a key scratch. but i didn do it so i dont know what was used to scratch it. but u see its right above the my boot badge ( i suspect someone was trying to pinch my badge), and i wanted to probably take both of them off as well... so jus wanted it nice and clean...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hi and welcome will be better if u include in ur profile where u are based aswell mate... :wave:

A

alf13J

yeah sorry jus getting used to this site.. im from oz. got linked to this site through Ns.com

im sure some of u guys are members there too...

ill check it out... jus didn wanna spend too much money on body work u know... its so small

M

Meddy

From my experience of the mobile scratch places I wouldnt bother. Save up a little longer and get the panel resprayed. The mobile plces do a fix which looks good short term, but after a few months they begin to discolour and stand out. Basically they are good for dealers wanting a cheap fix but not for the individual wanting a long term solution.

A

alf13J

yeah after reading around a few other forums that seems to be the case...

but i also found some material on scratch fixing spray on solutions... wat do you guys think of those?

neone tried it before?