What's new

Rear pads

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys i know we have all had talks about the best front pads but what about rear ones mine need changing cuz ive just notice they r crap
which ones u guys using and where to buy i totally forgot about the rear pads when i went back to hong kong for some reason

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Depends who you listen to. The person I'd listen to (because he's tested shedloads of different brands in road and track situations) recommends Porterfield R4A.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
what pads are they and how much?? dont really need too expensive ones for the rears really do ya??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Here again it depends. You say you've noticed they're crap, but then you say you don't want to spend much money. :p

Blackstuff and Mintex pads are the budget end at around ?25 a set. Portersfield are ?60 a set. There is as much reason for the price difference here as there is for the price difference between Mintex 1144s and Ferodo DS2500s on the front.

Also, remember that the rears do something like less than 30% of the total braking....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That would be my first port of call :nod: Not necessarily the best price though...

Be interested to hear the Aussie's recommendations though.... :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You say you dont need good pads, but you must not have watched "The Drift Bible", he explains why rear pads are needed to upgrade also, as i, like you, thought if the front were good the rears dont matter, we are wrong :nod:

Not quite on the same scale, but i have just had the rear pads on my focus changing, what a difference :eek:, intead of just nose diving as usual, the car not sits alot flatter, and the breaking power is greatly increased :nod: Away to look at getting some uprated pads for the S15 :thumbs:

Its it worth getting the likes of Brembo disks, or will uprated pads be enough?? bearing in mind i hope to do a few trackdays this year.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The 300ZX conversion is about ?300 and time. But for that, you get rear calliper brakes with bigger discs AND a rear drum brake for the handbrake.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
The 300ZX conversion is about ?300 and time. But for that, you get rear calliper brakes with bigger discs AND a rear drum brake for the handbrake.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, now i like the sound of that :nod:

Its is not something that can be done yourself??

What about the master cylinder, would it need changed with running bigger brakes front and rear??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Difference is incredible. It actually stops from high speed now and I no longer have to close my eyes and pray that the back end isn't going to swap with the front . It sits very level under braking and doesn't pitch forward even with the 3000GT fronts, just the way I like it .

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i think i will just go for some pads as mine wont be for so much extreme just normal driving and shit dont wanna spend too much I want a hse :(

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sushiming said:
i think i will just go for some pads as mine wont be for so much extreme just normal driving and shit dont wanna spend too much I want a hse :(
Ah, there is that to consider :rolleyes:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yes mum keeps on pushing me to save ato get one....at first she said dont buy that piece or metal get a hse but i thought nar if i get a hse i will never get a S15 heheh so got the car first :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Man we think alike so much of the time is scary :eek:

Just kidding, but i know where your coming from :thumbs: