What's new

Turbo oil feed

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well as some of u know i brought and oil feed pipe for the turbo and just wanna knwo has anyone else brought one off apex gb cuz i had a problem with the bolt once put threw the banjo only half a cm worth ot thred is that normal cuz the garage that was doing it for me said thats too short and would not be enough to keep it on properly
anyone help me on this ??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've not fitted the oil feed yet. They did say to me when I got it that they had been supplied with a batch with the wrong ends on and asked me to verify I had the right one. Might be worth checking with them...

But like I say, I've not fitted it yet. Sure others have though...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
cuz i call them up they said the length of there bolts the same but it seems too short actaully bolt onto the banjo and into the turbo....with only half a cm worth of thred would u say thats too short ??
have u fitted water feed hoses on the turbo..?
would u need to take the turbo off again to have this oil feed fitted?? cuz i duno wanna be spending another lump of cash just fitting this pipe thats all....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The water feeds go on no problem. They use the existing bolts. Can be fitted with the turbo in place (though not with the heat shields on).

Its ringing a bell with me now that it was the oil feed pipe which was different on the BB turbo. I though it was length (a big issue with a solid pipe, but not a braided). Maybe its the bolt too... The only way to know would be to compare them. If its different, one could be made fairly easily. Unfortunately, comparing requires taking the turbo off to get the pipe off, or buying a Nissan original.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
should be the turbo end on the banjo side i think thats what the mechinic told me....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Thinking about it. If it looks too short with the braided hose, it won't made any difference which turbo its fitted to.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i will take a pic later to show u cuz iam in the process or thinking if i wanna send it back or not

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
In fact, there is a way I can tell if MINE fits. I'll bring it into work tomorrow and try it in the spare BB turbo under my desk :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, just had a look at the turbo and, maybe I'm missing something, but if your feed has a banjo at both ends, why not just reuse the existing bolt?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nipple goes on the turbo, not banjo. Banjo bolt looks the same length as the standard one. Measure it and I'll confirm.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
the bolt that comes with the feed is just under 2half cm long i aint seen the stock one as i was at work when they weer repairing it

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
but once the bolts throw the banjo theres only half a cm of thred left which mechinic said its too short

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
OK. Scrap what I said. Just checked and the banjo goes on the turbo. There's no room for the nipple. Also checked the standard bolt against the one in the kit. Re-use the standard bolt. There's an issue with the new one I'm going to take up with Bren. The standard bolt has 7mm thread to use, the replacement has 6.5mm, so nothing to worry about there. Its a different concern I have. The standard bolt will be fine.

A great many people have fitted these with that much thread, and none of them have come off yet.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just to go back to this. There is no issue with these now. I clarified the question I had about them and am quite happy that there is no problem.

As for the bolt length, there is no problem with this either. I checked the depth of the bolt hole in the turbo and its not that much deeper than the available thread after the bolt is in the banjo. Don't know what your mechanic was on about. Isn't Nissan is he?

Reaction score
Just to add something to this. I tried fitting my Apex oil feed and the new bolt is too LONG! (through banjo). It hits the turbo inside the hole before it's tight onto the washers.

I'll have to get onto Bren in the morning.