What's new

Heat sheild for rear bumper

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
After a spirited drive, i was washing my car and noticed the rear bumper above the exhaust was slightly..... well black.

Its there anywhere that does a heat pretection plate to fit onto the bumper above the exhaust?? I Know there was a Nissan option of one for the Aero with Spats, but can they be bought (or made) for other fitments?

And away you go...........

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country

No longer produced, as you say. Seen one come up on Yahoo Auctions in six months. When for about ?50 and I missed getting it by about ?2 because of Rinkya's stupid deposit system...

The only alternatives, AFAIK, are the rivetted style stainless surrounds. Can remember seeing them on Yahoo too...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yakozan said:
I haven't noticed this on my car :cool:
:rolleyes: :D

Yeh thats the one i was refering to, i am thinking of adding a rear section of pipe to extend the back box out, so instead of the tail pipe sitting under, or just inside the bumper, it will stick out past, although this will cause problems with the hangers :rolleyes:

Anyone got a link to anything that may help??

Reaction score
mine gets loads of build up on the bumper... but atleast it washes off... my old rx7 used to blow so many flames, it melted the bumper :( :( and left black marks up the back to the tail lights...
Im sure halfrauds do a Foliotec (spelling!) dtm cover thing...

Reaction score
Nicely,

Slighty off topics but whats your opinion on the HKS silent exhuast? I am looking for someting that is less noise but not restricting power. At the moment only HKS and Nismo are all I can think of as option.
How loud would you say is the HKS silent compare to the nornal old HKS hiper? Are they restrictive, say if you running high power?

I know MINGS has a NIsmo one, so if he could comment on his as well that would be great :thumbs: . If anyone can suggesst any alternative please say so too.

Back to the topic , the HKS carbon Ti muffler that I got last for my EVO, it came with a thick reflective sticker that sticks on to the rear bumper adn it work great. Most wax can clear the burn/mark on the bumper though :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
JP825 said:
.........Back to the topic , the HKS carbon Ti muffler that I got last for my EVO, it came with a thick reflective sticker that sticks on to the rear bumper adn it work great. Most wax can clear the burn/mark on the bumper though :)
Thats what i need :nod:

On your other topic, my exhaust is quite untill you boot it :thumbs:

Reaction score
Topper said:
JP825 said:
.........Back to the topic , the HKS carbon Ti muffler that I got last for my EVO, it came with a thick reflective sticker that sticks on to the rear bumper adn it work great. Most wax can clear the burn/mark on the bumper though :)
Thats what i need :nod:

On your other topic, my exhaust is quite untill you boot it :thumbs:
What exhaust is that you are running Topper??

I think you can get those heat reflective sticker from Demon Tweeks ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The Hi Silent is one of the quietest 3 inch systems. Mine recorded 84dB @ 4500rpm at Castle Combe last year. Yet, it makes a gorgeous deep howl when you floor it. :D And that was also running a HKS front pipe and decat...

The system only starts getting seriously restrictive towards 380-400bhp (@ fly).

If youare considering doing track days, you want to give serious consideration to getting a quieter system. Many tracks now have 98dB restrictions and, as many people are finding out, they can't get their fecking loud systems under that - even with bungs...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If i had a choice I think i would go for the hks one aswell I am not saying the nismo ones not good its not loud at all really compared to others of course when u floor it its loud all of them are but its loud but nice if u get me....but i think the HKS ones piping is much better...I say go hks mate....they all look about the same i think we would really need to compare side by side how loud they are....

Reaction score
Thanks very much for that, I think I will go for the Silent HKS :cool: .

Is the HKS Mid pipe stainess stell as well, coz I know some Hiper HKS use mild steel for their mid pipe and it will rust very easily.. :mad:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You won't get a full stainless Hi-Silent under ?500. That's how to tell... My system and HKS front pipe were ?600 odd delivered from Nengun.

EDIT: saying that, Nengun appear to have them for ?370 delivered...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I have the a Greddy Power extreme 2 (2 mufflers). And it's pretty quiet at low revs.
I think it's about the same as the HKS silent.

Quiet if you want to. You decide with the right foot :)

Reaction score
I had the greddy evo 2, on my first one... used to make me feel :hurl: on long drives... far too loud...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
JP825 said:
What exhaust is that you are running Topper??

I think you can get those heat reflective sticker from Demon Tweeks ;)
Cheers mate :thumbs:

I dont kow the make of my exhaust :no:, it was fitted to the car when i got it, it has "Mega" stamped on the tailpipe :D