What's new

dyno day - eurospec2000

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
did a dyno session yesterday down at eurospec2000 in guildford, got it for nothing as the guys owed me one from last time when they couldnt obtain a readout. was pretty pleased with the result too, no det whatsoever, sensible boost - though it could take more. think now that i will have it for longer an adjustable actuator is needed in time to keep boost from dropping off but apart from that shes sweet. fuelling was pretty tidy, boost control not bad.

357.5 at the flywheel, 303.5 at the wheels @6050rpm. 344Ib/ft at the flywheel @4850rpm. :D

heres the pics

Reaction score
Country
Nice results, glad to hear its running sweet. If you remember mine on the rollers my boost trailed off and im guessing its down to a worn actuator as well. Id say go for the HKS one which is set at a minimum of 1 Bar i believe.

So are you not selling you car anymore ?? :confused:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
hey jez, how are you mate?

no mate looks like its gonna be staying, when it came to the crunch and the guy was waiting for me to say yes on the car we took it to the rollers and joanne told me how much she loved it. i only wanted to sell it because it felt like the right thing to do to free up some time but instead of being straight she went along with me. i just now have to pretend the cars not there so i can start getting other things done around the house lol.

i am eventually looking into an adjustable actuator down the line, for some reason it wasnt making the 1.45 bar jez said, more like 1.31, we wound it up to 1.38 or there abouts (+3%) and it made an extra 25bhp on the last run nice and safely:D checked for det and left it at that. for some reason it drives a little better now too, boost is a little more progressive despite not messing with the set gain etc. i really have to calm down on it now though, there are a few things we want to get out of the way before we start trying for a baby but we have said we can make room for the silvia in all that:nod:. also, way down the line i may have a look into vipec engine management, ben at eurospec has just been learning about them and rates them very highly - at least then each remap wont cost 300-00 from h-dev.....plus the current maf setup can be sold off to recoup a fair bit of the cost. he is really accomplished at mapping now (ben), there were people there with pfc's, motec m800's and of course the map ecus all mapped by him with superb results......

dean.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers mate, i suppose i am too. isnt it wierd how a car can affect you:nod:

Reaction score
Haha it certainly is!

Can you you put up some pics of your engine bay please mate, I saw some in your for sale thread but cant find them any more!! Love your engine bay and would love mine to resemble it! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Nice one mate thanks alot!

Did you get that Exedy sticker with your clutch kit, because I didnt :( lol

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
no problem mate, really pleased you like it:nod:

yes to the sticker question, they gave me two in the box, maybe i got yours:rotfl: - either way the other ones stuck on my rollcab with all my spare stickers otherwise i'd of sent it to you....

Reaction score
:eek: How dare they! lol

Oh thanks for the thought mate!..... Might be cheeky and give them an email!!! lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice to see she's running well buddy :)

I'm also thinking about getting the VIPEC engine management ECU since my tuning garage are recommending them - they seem to do a plug n play version for the SR20... nice!!

That's gotta be the cleanest engine bay I've seen in a long time lol :D