What's new

Changing Brake Discs

J

Justified

hi

anyone have a 'how to' on changing my front brake discs..

looking to upgrade my standard ones..

thanks!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
How easy is it to change the rear brakes??

I used your guide for the front brakes, is it the same idea for the rears, i.e. pads out, caliper off, then hit disc off (gently ;) )

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You need a calliper winding tool from Halfrauds (other stockist are available :p ). Easy after that. Not done it yet, so I've not done a guide. Some people have managed it with long-nosed pliers. I tried it once, gave up, and put the car in to have it done.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
OK, that doesnt mean anything to me, i looked in the service manual and it looks very straight forward :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The calliper is combined with the hand brake. It has a mechanism which stops the calliper piston winding back in by itself. The tool is for making this task significantly easier. Believe me, the service manual assumes you have the Nissan tool for this job...

A

Albert

Nicely said:
The calliper is combined with the hand brake. It has a mechanism which stops the calliper piston winding back in by itself. The tool is for making this task significantly easier. Believe me, the service manual assumes you have the Nissan tool for this job...

but for what to install disks from M3??? is the stop quickly or what?
Becouse calipers doesn't stop over the entire surface of disk, or?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Are you thinking of the front or back brakes? I've got M3 disc on the front with standard callipers. The pads sit further out annd sweeps more surface. This produces increased stopping power.