What's new

Wring a radio

D

Derek

Can you get a iso block connector for back of radio? I've tried a few no joy. or will i have to just hard wire it?

Derek

Reaction score
I have sourced the Autolead version of this adapter:

Nissan Micra (Jul-00 - > 4-speaker)
ISO Converter No: PC2-76-4

If you want it from Halfords (UK) it is an order item

Reaction score
I tried three Halfords places and each said they had no stock and that it was an order item.

Why oh why did Nissan change the connector again and why oh why do manufacturers insist on having non-iso standard plugs. It makes me mad and wastes consumers time finding the right one :mad:

Reaction score
it's because there's people that will then go back to nissan for an iso plug... and.... Mr Nissan gets to bend the consumer over and dry hump them till they pay for "said" iso connector!

My hellfrauds didn't stock it on shelf either... but got one the same day from a different motor factors. although, i had to hard wire the earth...? and move another wire in the iso end that connected to the current loom!

Reaction score
This maybe of help to those who need to know the wiring details:

The following information was extracted from this thread on the Oz forum:
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77345&hl=head++unit++install

Power:

Black/red stripe = Constant 12V (for memory - which is usually the yellow on a wire harness)
White/black stripe = Ground (connects to black wire on a harness)
The antenna is also Ground as well and necessary to get a circuit.
Orange = 12V (turns on only when you start ignition - connects to red wire on a wire harness)
Blue/red stripe = Illumination (attaches to lights being switched on - usually attached to a blue wire on a after market harness)

Speakers:

Brown = front right (+)
Brown/grey stripe = front right (-)
Blue/white stripe = front left (+)
Blue/orange stripe = front left (-)
Blue = rear right (+)
Red = rear right (-)
White = rear left (+)
Black = rear left (-)

K

kieran

the reason for the seperate earth is due to the fact that most jdm stereos earth through the arial output and whilst most after market head units will run like this, the manufacturers will all say it should have a ground earth through the stereos main loom :thumbs: