What's new

Help with the missing hose??

Reaction score
Just had a good look at my car today and found a hole with no hose connecting to it (see yellow circle). Not sure if this is a problem or is meant to be like this. I have a Apexi air filter on my car.

After a bit browsing on the forum, I found pictures from others that having a hose (see Red Arrow) connected to the hole that I mentioned. But this hose on my car is connected to the actuator near the turbo. So I got no idea what is meant to be?? :confused:

I hope I have explain myself clearly and really appreciate if anybody can help. I am still a rookie on these S15 :D

Is it normal when the car idle the standard boost gauge read -5 and when boost is about 5ish. Not sure if the boost are right too becaue it feels a bit sluggush to me. May be its just me but it doesnt seem to me that its running at 250bhp like it claims. Boost dont really come till about 3krpm and it doesnt feel very torquey.

But my only mods are back box and apexi filter :eek:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
looks like the previous owner has tampered with the boost solenoid and disconnected it.
It's the solenoid which makes it possible to boost over the actuator setting which is 0.5 bar. if you reconnect the solenoid you should see more boost (0.6-0.7).

How does the hoses look like?
Do they have white lines in the ends?
can't really see on the pic but is there a t-crossing which the hoses from the solenoid goes to?

Found a pic of how it's supposed to look.

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply :wave:

Just went out and had a look again. The hose from the solenoid you are talking about(Red arrow) is connected to a filter (one like you get from a boost controller), then connected to the intercooler pipe at the front. No T crossing liek in your pic and hence the (yellow arrow) hose is missing too. :confused: Where is that yellwo arrow hose suppose to connected to?

But the hose from the solenoid (Blue arrow) is in fact connected to the actuator, however in your pic this hose is connected to the air filter pipe.

I am really confused now, please HELP!! :(

Reaction score
I think I am missing a pipe somewhere and a T-crossing, why will someone do that??

So will that mean I am running low boost?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
http://www.jull.co.uk/mods/boost_valve.html

A Spec R won't run 250bhp when it arrives in the UK. It ran that in Japan using 101RON petrol and with a fuel map and ignition timing setup for it. It will need a remap for 97/98RON before (in standard form). If iit onnly boosting 0.5 bar, its not even reaching standard boost (0.6/7).

Reaction score
It looks like some hose has been mixed up for some reason. Will have a play tomorrow.

So I presume it will be safe to use the FBU method as long as I keep my eyes on the boost gauge. Also where I can get a T crossing from? Halfords may be?? or will I need to go back to Nissan.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You shouldn't be upping boost beyond 0.8 bar (11.5psi) unless you get a remap. It'll be detting its tits off otherwise...

Reaction score
Nicely said:
It would be safer....
Thanks Nicely :thumbs: ,

I have amend the hoses according to your diagram and now torque seems much better and I am getting 0.6 bar boost.

But I still think I am running at a lower boost than I should. Except for the solenoid and Actuator, is there anything else that likely to cause the boost to drop (specially at top end).

Also how can you tell if the solenoid or actuator is faluty?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If you havn't done the FBU I would say that the boost is good.
It should maybe be i tiny bit higher.
what you could do is check the hose from the boost sensor sender to the hose from ?? to the dump-valve and see if it is broken.

Reaction score
The FBU has been done already, so not really sure if is jus me or the car :confused:

I jus came aross a post reagarding the pipe with restrictor in it, coming from IC to the T corssing then to Actuator. Apprently you cannot take the restrictor out on this pipe, only the one from the solenoid, otheriwise it will cancel out the effcet of the FBU. CAn someone confirm this please?

My car has not got any restrictor on both pipe. I think this is because the car was fitted with a boost controller but now removed, leaving just the filter in between the pipes.
:mad:

Reaction score
get a ebc to control the boost and set a level you want, remove the solenoid completely. :thumbs: