What's new

is there OBD2 or not?

J

Joni

Hi all!

I'm currently looking at buying a 2001 spec-r but our new laws here say that all cars registered after 01.01.2001 needs to have an obd port so they can run the tests on mot test. (every year here)

does the S15 even have one or does this mean that it's pretty much impossible to reg these?

J

Joni

get a 99 one? lol

haha. yeah that is an idea!

LOL.

asking coz i have one in sight that is 2001, so i was just wondering.

is there a topic somewhere that lists the differences and similarities between the 14 and 15? we have lost of talk here in finland where other say that it's just a facelift and others say that the 15 has lots of R34 style parts/ideas/things

Reaction score
as far as i'm aware, the electrical side of things didn't change between 99/01 spec.....

ECU wise, they're pretty much the same too, hence how you can use a 15 D-jetro on a 14a by swapping a couple of pin outs.

as for if they're obd or not, i can't confirm.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Nissan used their consult protocol. I believe that it is a version of OBDII, just nissan's way of keeping their info to themselves. Check out http://www.blazt.biz/index.php for more info

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
'Googling' this it seems Nissan Consult is ODB compatible...

Reaction score
Pretty sure its ODBI not II. Happy to be wrong but isn't part of ODBII the ODBII standard connector??