What's new

Which ecu should i get?

02specraero

Ok, considering i live in the U.S., and we don't get all the JDM sweet cars, there's not very many people that now about the s15. So i've come to you guys to be my link to the worlds where parts and whatnot are fairly available. So, down to the point. A lot of people here use the Apexi Power FC on their SR20s in their 240sx's, but 9 out of 10 times their from s13 or s15 silvias, And what XS Engineering told me is that i should use the apexi on my s15. But i'd rather talk to people and get some opinions. So throw some ideas my way please. Thanks!

J

JDM JUNKIE

Get the Apex FC and call it a day... What else is there really, the e-manage from Greddy?

02specraero

i have a guy here in the states, actually the same state to be specific, with an s15 and he's running the tomei reytec and he loves it, but ive read good and bad about it. but i like that you can use your laptop with it cause with the apexi you have to take it to an authorized dealer to tune it with a laptop, otherwise you have to use the handheld commander. so i just dunno what to do lol

02specraero

haha that'd be great and all, but those arent programable are they? and the states is gay so we dont get the 100 octane gas like japan gets

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
haha that'd be great and all, but those arent programable are they? and the states is gay so we dont get the 100 octane gas like japan gets
Whats the highest octane you get in the US of A?
I didnt think of that tbh lol, and your right the MINES one is not programmable. Cause its awsum already lol. :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i have a guy here in the states, actually the same state to be specific, with an s15 and he's running the tomei reytec and he loves it, but ive read good and bad about it. but i like that you can use your laptop with it cause with the apexi you have to take it to an authorized dealer to tune it with a laptop, otherwise you have to use the handheld commander. so i just dunno what to do lol
you can tune the PFC with a laptop too with a little program called FC Datalogit. :thumbs:

02specraero

so you can get a good tune with the pfc without having to use a laptop and only using the commander?

02specraero

you can tune the PFC with a laptop too with a little program called FC Datalogit. :thumbs:

well i think here in the states only authorized dealers can use it :-( or atleast thats everything i hear. i may be wrong

G

GUEST_JDM

maybe try a wolf version v5 from aus as the aus doller is so bad at the moment, i use one in my s15 and they are a dam good computer switched from apexi fc because i needed data logging for track use, http://www.wolf3d.com.au/ you can buy direct from the site and the standard base maps are good compared to most

Last edited:
Reaction score
so you can get a good tune with the pfc without having to use a laptop and only using the commander?
You can but you need to have someone drive your car while you look at the base maps to make the adjustments.

Its a lot more time consuming than a lap top program and dyno.

Datalogic is the program to get if you want to selftune

Reaction score

02specraero

well it will be tuned on a dyno....i forgot to mention that lol. sorry....thanks guys for all the help...i really appreciate it

02specraero

found out today that my guy that does the pimp @$$ tuning is getting the software for the apexi PFC, so i reckon i'll be getting PFC, thanks everyone for all your help!

Reaction score
Whats the highest octane you get in the US of A?
I didnt think of that tbh lol, and your right the MINES one is not programmable. Cause its awsum already lol. :thumbs:
Wow, i thought i was the only one who was using the VX-ROM. Excellent Ecu and agreed, No need for additional tuning because it caters for full set of stage one mods.