What's new

Help Please

T

the boot lad

Im in need of some help guys and i hope someone can sort me out,the other night i was driving and my dash lights went,and the car behind me start flashing me so i pulled over and my rear lights were gone too,when i got home i noticed my parking lights were also gone ,so i now have no rear,dash or parking lights my dips and heads are ok,i thought maybe it was a fuse but checked them all and there fine,the only other thing i can think of is i got coilovers two days before and they have edfc and the guys that fitted them took the power from the ignition cables at the steering colum,could that be the problem any ideas,thanks in advance guys.

Reaction score
Id question why they took power from your ignition? Could be a number of things but if thats the only thing that was changed/modified before your lights went then im 99% sure thats what the cause is. can you get a pic of the wiring that was done?

M

Matt_S

If they just put it on the lighting circuit, it would work OK, til you turned the lights on. Did the EDFC still work with the lights all gone off?

T

the boot lad

Ya the edfc still works grand,another thing i forgot tomention was the radio also stoped working now i dont know if i went at the same time as the lights as i wasnt on at the time,but one of the guys was saying it could have something to do with that maybe some wires crossed or something

They are the pics where he got the power from the ignition,thanks again guys.

Reaction score
Country
I guess they took power from ignition so it only powers on when turning the key. same as boost controllers or gauges etc

Id check for any bare wires, make sure they are all covered properly. If they spliced into cables make sure they are properly soldered instead of scotch locks as these tend to cause short circuits from y experience.

T

the boot lad

Well i know he did solder the wires before he put tape on them,im bring it to a mechanic tomorrow i hope i can get it sorted soon.

T

the boot lad

Got it sorted guys,there was a wire broke going to the light switch.thanks anyway