What's new

push button start help

N

nices15man

trying to wire in a push button that you have to hold to start the car but where the hell can i wire it to???.. ive tried to wire it to the ignition barrel wiring but went through all the wires and couldnt find the one for the starter motor? ive also been through all the fuses to wire it to that and cant find it, all the ones that are supposed to be for the starter motor still let it start when removed? my car is jap spec which probably doesnt help but ive pretty much pulled out all the fuses.. i also thought the soleniod wire on the starter motor but i just cant get to it hey, from anywheree.. heeeeelp meee!!!! im pulling my hair out

M

Matt_S

Youll need a relay for starters cos your push button prob wont take the current that the start circuit takes. The wires in the barrel are pretty damn big! :wack:
It should be pretty easy!
Just wire the switch into the wires so that you click the key to the 'on' position the 'start' contact/s of the barrel are replaced by the button.

N

nices15man

yea but i had an ohm meter on the barrel wires and when holding the key in start position 2 of the wires where active?? so i took a guess and cut one, did nothing at all, re joined and cut the other one and it was the main power like the on pos power :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

M

Matt_S

Ill take a look at the circuit in the manual now for you. Prob use the S14 one and hopefully the wires will be the same colours :wack:
If not, it should be some assistance anyhow :)

N

nices15man

ive got the s15 one but it didnt seem to help but ive seem sommething lookin at that one that might help me.. im gonna ahve another look at it now, thanks heaps mate

N

nices15man

noooo luck... im thinkin now its probably got something to do with my turbo timer maybe? cause the black and yellow cable, which is the start cable (s15 aswell) is bridged out with another connector on the timer harness. just about to give up i think haha dam cause i helll wanted it too

M

Matt_S

Il have another look thro the other 'running' circuits and see if theres a way of getting round it. You could try disconnecting the TT harness and see if it works that way.

Reaction score
Country
i apologize for bringing up an old thread, but i had installed a starter button on a s13 a few years back and it came with these directions (in japanese). i don't read japanese, but the pictures were self explanatory and was able to have it installed and working in about an hour.