What's new

power fc

F

FRONTYARD

I still have apexi power fc from my previous car (s14a). Will the power fc work on my 2002 s15 spec r? I have heard they are diffrent units but the engine is the same though, thaught I ask before fitting

thanks

M

Matt_S

No, it won't work, you have to get an S15 specific Power FC.
It will work, but not as a direct bolt in.
Firstly, the plugs are the same but the pinout for the S15 ECU is different to the S14a.
So youll need to repin a few wires.
Secondly the S14a SR has 370cc inj as std. The S15 has 440cc. So whatever inj you use on the S15 you would need to change the settings on the PFC so that they reflect the %age of the original. Same as you do if you run 555cc on an S14a.

That make sense?

It will deffo work tho - otherwise there wouldnt be guys running S15 D Jetros on their S14a's. :wack:

If you need the pins etc there are a couple of threads on SXOC at the mo re the fitting of the S15 PFC to the S14a. You'd basically be doing the same... but backwards (ish) :wack:

Reaction score
yea, i sold my D-jetro to someone that was going to fit it into an S14/a. as said, a few pinouts need swapping. :)

S

superbike81

Well, I said it wouldn't work because as is, in stock configuration, it won't work. Yes, you can re-pin the ECU, but I think most people would rather just get the correct PowerFC to begin with.

M

Matt_S

True and true. Its a lot easier to just buy the right one for the car.

But the question was 'will it work?'

I take that to mean 'can it work' in which case the answer is, YES, it can :)

Reaction score
agreed... i would rather get the car specific one, but if i already had an existing one for a different model, and could re-use it by just re-pinning some.... i'd do that! lol

Reaction score
True and true. Its a lot easier to just buy the right one for the car.

But the question was 'will it work?'

I take that to mean 'can it work' in which case the answer is, YES, it can :)
The question was "will it work" From the point of plug and play no was the appropriate answer.

That was how I read it the same as Superbike 81, if you decide to interpret it as "can" than that changes the initial question