What's new

Engine Remap?? (whats it all about)

Reaction score
What I wondering is about getting an engine remap. I have my car about 2months now and when I bought it the guy told me that its putting out 290bhp and showed me a rolling road print out for it, now thing is that the print out is a bit suspect. Where it should have the registration on it, it says (pee wee) don’t rightly know what that’s about but all that apart the car runs perfect. Something NICELY said has me worried and I quote …..

JDM S15s were mapped for 100RON fuel. There are massive lean patches in the standard map which, if you are running lower RON fuel would be dodgy ON STANDARD POWER. If you are running 290bhp when the standard is 250, I really hope you've had it remapped. Your engine will be on a fast road to death if its not...Like i said the car runs fine but I have started to notice a slight difference in the acceleration depending on where I buy my fuel. Its always 95ron fuel as any other is hard got in Ireland, but different filling stations do make a difference.
So im wondering about adding an octane mix to it to give a better burn.(for now)
So back to the remap is it something definitely worth getting. Will it make a noticeable difference to my car and will I get better fuel economy and more importantly will it give my engine a longer life.

Japmadlad
you already mentioned (As for a remap, I would highly recommend Stiv off SXOC. He is in portloaise & knows his ****
He does most of my work. I live in Armagh so its a far drive down but well worth it to know its done righ
t)

Would you be able to pass on some details to me as to where I can find him/get in contact and what kind of money are we talking.
So if people have sometime could they let me know they’re taughts and have they had the work done and also recommend someone for the job.
All comments and advice is much appreciated and extremely helpful. Thanks to all in advance. :thumbs:

Reaction score
cheers for the reply buddy,well give ya a shout one of the days,
have to get my insurance and stuff sorted first then get started on the mod for my car.

Reaction score
No one out there with a few pearls of wisdom for me.
surely others have had it done and can let me know if its worth doing and if they had any greef cause of it.
cheers:thumbs: