What's new

s15 Fuse Problem

Reaction score
Good day. I have a problem with a fuse slot at the bottom right-hand side of the driving seat. This particular fuse always get burnt although I have chanced it. In result, my power windows cannot work. So, does anyone has this sort of problem before? Does anyone knows what is the problem? My mechanics told me that it's the motor of the power window. Is it truth? or could be other problems?

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

Yeh Im inclined to agree. Does it blow with the drivers window or the passengers window going down?
Just replace the whole regulator setup if its one of them.

What confuses me is that you say lower right hand of the fuse panel. But those fuses are all associated with the Rear Defog :wack:

I cant actually see a fuse for the power windows? :confused:

Reaction score
Yeh Im inclined to agree. Does it blow with the drivers window or the passengers window going down?
Just replace the whole regulator setup if its one of them.

What confuses me is that you say lower right hand of the fuse panel. But those fuses are all associated with the Rear Defog :wack:

I cant actually see a fuse for the power windows? :confused:
Hi Matt, both the driver & the passenger side windows are not working after the fuse burnt. Based on the fuse diagram of the fuse box under the driver's bottom right-hand side, that particular fuse is a "electronic parts" fuse. I have tried to replace with higher value of Amp fuse, but that particular fuse still burnt. So, could it be the power window's motor or other stuff?

M

Matt_S

TO be honest Ive not known the Windows blow fuses when they go duff - but based on the fact that the winscreen wipers blow their fuse when their motor goes kerboom, Id say yeh that seems like a viable answer.
Try and make sure its definitely ONE of them that blows the fuse. NEVER uprate the fuse tho - theyre rated for a reason! If you over rate the fuse you lose the circuits protection and could cause melted/fused wires orcontacts. Im guessing its the Passengers side, seeing as it gets less use. SO try and make sure its the drivers thats gone duff. Replace the fuse and try the pass side. If it blows you know its that side. If it works and the fuse stays intact, try the drivers side. Hopefully it will blow and then you know what side is duff. If it blows, try the drivers side etc etc.
Other than that, remove the door cards and remove the wires for them. Put a fuse in and make sure it stays intact. Then replace the wires one side at a time. It could be that there is a permanent short on one side which blows the fuse immediately.

I hope that helps (assumign you understand what I just put :wack: ) LOL :D

Reaction score
TO be honest Ive not known the Windows blow fuses when they go duff - but based on the fact that the winscreen wipers blow their fuse when their motor goes kerboom, Id say yeh that seems like a viable answer.
Try and make sure its definitely ONE of them that blows the fuse. NEVER uprate the fuse tho - theyre rated for a reason! If you over rate the fuse you lose the circuits protection and could cause melted/fused wires orcontacts. Im guessing its the Passengers side, seeing as it gets less use. SO try and make sure its the drivers thats gone duff. Replace the fuse and try the pass side. If it blows you know its that side. If it works and the fuse stays intact, try the drivers side. Hopefully it will blow and then you know what side is duff. If it blows, try the drivers side etc etc.
Other than that, remove the door cards and remove the wires for them. Put a fuse in and make sure it stays intact. Then replace the wires one side at a time. It could be that there is a permanent short on one side which blows the fuse immediately.

I hope that helps (assumign you understand what I just put :wack: ) LOL :D
Thanks Matt! I will try tat! :thumbs:

G

gunner93

Hi Chin,

Could water have sipped into the door window panel and messed up the wirings? Same with my boost gauge bulb always blows but the fuse seems ok. So I am always boosting in the dark at night.:wack:

Last edited: