17" Enkei RPF1

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice one Rick - good to see your S15...

As usual, no one on here bothers to comment cos it's mostly stock but hey, we all start from somewhere.

Judging by what you did on the Starlet, I won't expect anything less than 400 bhp by the time you're finished with it lol...

S

StarletRick

hahaha, yeah im worried ;\

i just wubs boost. i need more, constantly. laggy boost gives me a chubby.

ive got a few bits waiting to go on. bought some whiteline rollbars and a fmic. few yashio bits aswell ^^

i just think that down the line ill end up with a hks gt3037 kit. ive been in an s14 with the kit, and its just pro.

Reaction score
Country
Nice car mate, i remember having a look around it the times i went to Charlies and must say it was mint!

We will have to meet up some time soon :)

S

StarletRick

yeah it is a bit too pretty for me.

i got it home and spend 2 days detailing the **** out of it.

claybar and then a 5 stage polish and wax. my arms basically fell off afterwards. but it does look really raelly clean and sexy.

just need to make it faster as it feels unbelievably slow at the mo.

you going to trax this weekend? ill be smashing up there in the 15 on sunday morning.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Looks very clean and tidy mate.

Getting a good collection of 15s in Essex now :)

I didnt know Traxs was this weekend, Im off to the pod for the last round of the top fuel dragsters :rolleyes:

As InitialD mentioned, if you do to this what you did to your Scarlet it will be one monster of a car :cool:

S

StarletRick

it wont be as hardcore as the starlet. but that starlet was my run about 3 years ago, so god knows what will happen ^^

and as for cleaning products, i use a few. vanilla moose polish, poorboys treatments and collinote wax. it is pointlessly shiney though. i wubs it.

S

StarletRick

jsut a wee update. i popped her on the dyno this weekend just to see where i stand with regards to starting off the mods.. and i was quite pleased!

the boost was creeping up to .9bar on the pulls, but the fuelling remained spot on at 11.8:1 all the way to the limiter.

end result was 225.9hp at the hubs and 193ft/lbs.

i have a few bits and bobs to throw on (including a decent boost controller!) so ill get cracking with those this coming weekend.

at least i know where i stand now and that the engine is a good runner ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hnB7_8Hizw

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Where did you get your car rolled Rick?

I want to get mine done but dont know anywhere local to Essex.

Thanks.

S

StarletRick

there are plenty of RRs about, i usually go to Engine Advantages in Witham.

but this one was dont at TDI right next to lakeside shopping centre. had a charity dyno thing going to raise money for Great Ormond St. Hospital, so i thought "why not". good bunch of lads, very nice workshop. its a proper hub dyno where they take your wheels off and bolt the dyno to the car. measures your boost curve, fuel ratio, hp, torque, rpm etc. clever piece of kit.

S

StarletRick

decat is on, ended up taking the whole exhaust system off to fit this. good for comparison photos though.

and while the exhaust was off. i decided to fit the rear ARB. makes a noticable difference to grip in the rear.

just need to get the front one fitted now, 27mm thick!

S

s15andy.s

good to see that decat gone on..i put one on mine the other day an it makes a major difference through all the revs:)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
swaybars are one of the cheapest performance mods that make a huge difference. I have the same bars on mine and they are awesome. Did you get the 20mm or 22mm for the rear?

For normal road driving, I recommend the softest setting for the front and hardest setting for the back (if the back is 20mm)

S

StarletRick

ive got the 22 on the rear and the 27 up front.

ill have a tinker with the settings once the rest of the bits are on, im already impressed with it on the soft setting!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
That's what I have. Thorouly impressed with them. I haven't seen a need to change the settings yet. That may change due to the fact I am doing a track day next month :D